Post replies disappearing?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Over the last few days, I've noticed that about two or three replies I've made in posts, some in my own threads, seem to have disappeared.
I believe Andy (Crimea River) has experienced the same thing after posting a reply in one of his threads in the modelling section.
In one of these instances, the post had definitely disappeared, but the next time I logged on, it was back again!
Just thought I'd mention this, in case it needs checking out.
EDIT: It's just happened again! I logged out, then logged in again. A post in the 'What is it game' thread had disappeard, but when I wrote and posted a new reply, the missing' one re-appeared! Also, a reply in the Modelling forums, in my Halifax thread, had disappeared, but was back when i logged on.
In this section, the title of this thread was shown on the main page, but the thread wasn't in the section - I accessed by clicking on the main page, where the latest threads are displayed!
Strange goings on !

Last edited:
It hasn't happened to me yet. So it is quite difficult to say what is the reason for that. It might be a problem with the net browser you use Terry and its cache. Anyway keep your eye on that and please will send a raport if it happens again.

I think I experienced the same thing once or twice a month ago.
I thought my post was edited by Mods because it might have looked impolite.

This has definitely happened to me - like meatloaf I thought is was alcohol. I swear one whole thread disappeared, I think it was "Are there any fans of the P-38 out there".

I honestly can't guarantee it happened to me but I'm pretty sure. The doubt stems from the fact that I find it pretty easy to forget to hit the "Submit Reply" button when you're in the advanced screen with Preview on and I might have closed the page and not saved it.

That's true Andy. It could have been the reason for that as well.

It's happened again.
I posted a reply in my Halifax thread, in 'Start to Finish' builds, at 18.50 hrs, UK time. It was there, as I check read it after posting. When I came back to re-check some photos, about 45 minutes later, the post wasn't showing. I logged out, and logged back in again at approximately 20.00 hrs, and the post was there.
Just thought I'd let you know - maybe there's a delay in processing or something, but it's certainly strange!

Thank you Terry for the info. But I'm still thinking it is a fault of your net browser. It is possible it might be a problem with refreshing of its cache. ALso it can be with updatings for both the net browser and the Windows... I posted today a couple of times and didn't noticed a such trouble. However I've noticed a problem with refreshing of a main page ( screen) when switching to the one with the Forum button.

Last edited:
As I said this has happened to me. Like most of us (I assume) I am on several similar sites so it is easy for me to get confused as to which one I made a particular post to.
But there are a couple of threads that I know I posted to and can't find now on any of these sites.
Maybe it is me but I am definitely loosing posts.

Are you loosing them fully or they disappear and appear again after logging out/logging in or after going to another thread and then getting back to it again, for instance?

In my case maybe some of both.
On this site I have noticed that, like airframes, a post was there - then gone - then came back, seemingly for good.
A couple of threads I just can't locate using any key words I choose, but these may not have been on this site (although I think the one about P-38 fans was).

I my case, the post is there, immediately after posting. But, if I go to another thread, and then come back, the post is not there. If I log off, and come back later, sometimes the post is there, at other times not. But, if it's not there, and I then make another post in the same thread, once that has been posted, the missing post re-appears!
EDIT. BTW, I always clear the cache after each session, and I've noticed that on some occasions, other people's posts have disappeared and then come back!

Last edited:
Just read this thread. Terry's name was as the last post @ 12:03am, my time. Opened the thread and Terry's post wasn't there. Closed the thread, reopened, and voila, Terry's post was there.

Geo

EDIT. Just checked my post. Says I posted @ 4:09am. Actually posted after 8:00am.

Last edited:
OK. Thank you for the info here Gents. I'll give them to Horse. It is possible it is a problem with refreshing of database. But it might be caused by wrong cookies as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back