Post Your Models! (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good method of weathirng (most probably used also on that Focke Wulf...) is the Salt Chips method. You paint one cover, then you put waterdrops on where you want the paint be "flanked off", you cover it with salt, as lately as the water evaporates, you apply the final camo. Then you just rip off the salt crystals and it looks like the paint has fallen off... ;)

I am after some info guys I bought the Tamiya 1:48 Swordfish MK1 Model recently, to display the model when it is finished I am contemplating a wall mounted deep picture frame with the plane sitting on a flight deck and the array of weapons it could use in front (similar to the current trend).
My problem is that I have images of British carriers but they are all monochrome and I really need to know the colour of the deck surface.
Any help would be much appreciated cheers fellas.
I have not built a model for 15 odd years and I was very surprised at how much better the tooling is nowadays it is going together fairly easy with none of the inherent ill fitting, warped or twisted components that used to be the norm.

I have a model of HMS Victorious and the deck is dark green if I remember well. I'll check it...

Yes, it is green, sth like Humbrol 30.

And this HMS V... is dated 1941.

BTW I've got sth new here :)

Attachments

• note__263__4_200.jpg
    note__263__4_200.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 359
Pisis said:
Nice. The "nothing" makes it interesting! ;)

i mean no kannons on the deck... that makes it interseting... im not a big knower of ships, anway...

and a nice sub! ;)

It's a LST (Landing Ship Tank if I remember well), so there is no need for more than these two double 30mm AA guns and two rocket launchers on both sides of loading bay.

The sub will be nicer when it's finished :)

Like the sub Tof, The RN had a much bigger sub fleet than Germany at the out break of war but it's role during the war is a subject that is not written about very much.

undercarriage is done on the blenheim and a quick test this morning indicates that the undercarriage can take the weight of the plane, which after some glueing problems i wasn't sure about...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back