Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Reminds me of a story my grandfather once told me about his Lanc flying days.

They were flying the Lanc back across the Atlantic after the war, and of course it was a long flight and the Lancaster had no toilet. You pissed in a bucket, but if you had to take a dump you did it on some old charts right on the bomb-bay door, and then they'd just let her go. It was great, until they touched down in Greenland to refuel. It was there that they discovered that some of the charts and sh*t had stuck to the bottom of the plane. Some were even stuck to the tail-planes.

He said the groundcrew wouldn't touch it. Who the hell could blame them?

I really must lose my IQ rapidly... Or I just don't think enough these days. I meant a Mig-21, of da f*ck course!

And BTW, also in Wellingtons there were no toilettes - only bins. There's a funny scene in the B&W Czechoslovak Wellington Bomber Crew 1962 movie called "The Sky Raiders", when two of the crew members had eaten something bad and need to use the bin at the same time - and at the same time they are being attacked by a fighter...

I know. Grandad flew in Wellingtons for a while too, as an A/C mechanic. He remustered to pilot and flew Halifaxes for a bit before switching to Lancasters. Most warplanes lacked toilets.

Load of pics of my models:

Attachments

• dscf0002_588.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 334
  • dscf0003_151.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 332
  • dscf0004_213.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 338
  • dscf0005_174.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 332
  • dscf0006_381.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 331