Practising Paintshop/GIMP... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Okay, testing, also a smaller version to see how it works out when you resize it. Not gonna use it as a siggy, but it's a nice test-case

Attachments

• Text8.jpg
    Text8.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 200
  • Text9.jpg
    Text9.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 199
  • FokkerSig.png
    FokkerSig.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,166
Ooo...looking great.But the letter shadow is too far from these therefore they are less visible.I suggest to try to use a different distance.

I like the text on #19. Nice work Marcel.

Thanks Thor and Wurger. I will try to practise with text in the future. Seems to be my major flaw when making these things. Wojtek has a much better eye for fonts. But luckily he's a great teacher. Otherwise I'll stick to making a composition and ask him to do the text ;)

Okay, the following are no siggies (should I make a thread in the personal gallery forum?) or at least not jet. Just me playing around with themes, making a composition (and avoiding text :lol:) and using several techniques.
1. Bismarck lying on the seabottom, with a ghost stringbag. Tried to make the edge of the nespaper a little erroded, like old paper. Curling the edge in Paintshop pro is ugly, tried it, but it looks too artificial.
2. Midway, flightdeck Akagi steaming with a wildcat. I wanted to see what it looks like if you throw perspective overboard.

Attachments

• Bismark.jpg
    Bismark.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 178
  • midway.jpg
    midway.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 173
Cool Marcel,:D :D :D
I like them both.But the first one with Bismarck I like much.However it would be looking better if the transparency of the Swordfish at the battleship fuselage area would be equal zero.I mean the part of the fuselage shouldn't be visible.What is more I would suggest to convert the pic with the plane into sepia one and then use here.It could take a correcpondence to the newspaper.

The second attempt is what I have meant.Add the shadow effect to the Swordfish, please.Did you omit the transparency effect of the plane this time?

Nope, I left the transparency on where it has the sea bottom as a background. I think it gives it a nice ghostlike look. I made the part over the ship solid, but you can just see the beginning of the hull, but very faint. Did some shadow as you suggested.

Attachments

• Bismark4.jpg
    Bismark4.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 157
I understand.Nice looking is the pic.Did you use the same settings for the Swordfish shadow like you did for the newspaper?If not I think you should do it.

The newspaper shadow is nice an is going well with the background.I think you should adjust the Swordfish's one .

I agree ,very nice Marcel.:D

And I thought that an very interesting effrct could be if you could make the Swordfish pic not only a sepia one but using the blue colour range.In another word instead of sepia , the blue.I wonder how it would be looking like.

Okay, I had to figure out how this works in Paintshop pro, but let's see: I overdid it a little to see the effect. First one is done with the red/green/blue effect., enhancing blue, the second one with the Channel mixer, god knows what the difference is. You see quite a difference in effect, the first staying much more close to the sepia effect and is much more subtile, while the second one gives a blue-greenish effect.. Some shadows/fades don't work out well (see cockpit) I'll have to try and correct this.

Attachments

• Bismark7.jpg
    Bismark7.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 134
  • Bismark8.jpg
    Bismark8.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 145
Hi Marcel,

The second effect is not good.The green colour doesn't match.The first one looks much better but I would suggest to get a sample of a blue ( the dark one for instance) colour from the background.Or use a range made with these background blue ones.

Users who are viewing this thread