Practising Paintshop/GIMP... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just some tests..

Attachments

• indonesie_klein.png
    indonesie_klein.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Indie-water.png
    Indie-water.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Indie-water2.png
    Indie-water2.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 115
You're right. If I'm going to make a real siggy, I'll have to give more attention to that. These are just drafts. I don't really like the composition though, although the bevel effect on the geographic map seems to be satisfactory.

I saw this in a picture on the net, so I decided to try and emulate it. I did it relatively easy, don't know how it is done in Photoshop, but in Paintshop pro I did it like this:

1. Load the picture in the background layer.
2. Duplicate this layer 2 times and make only the middle one visible.
3. Give it a nice sepia effect
4. Make a trapesium shaped selection (for 3D effect), inverse the selection and delete the surroundings, see picture
5. Inverse the selection again and contract the selection by 8 pixels. This doesn't make the picture smaller, but selects a similar shape within the picture.
6. Inverse the selection again and click with the selection tool anywhere in the picture. This makes the program to only select the outer 8 pixels of the shape. Make this border white (see picture)
7. Make the upper layer visible and use a mask-layer to only show the mossie in front. Apply a nice shadow to the object.
8. Use the deform tool to make the object on the middle layer a little paperlike and then add some dropshadow to this object (same as the mossie), see picture)
9. Use the mask layer again on the upper layer, to "delete" as much of the blue mossie+shadow as you like and you're ready:

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 113
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg