PRAYER

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK I'll give you just a taster
Religion is created by men to cover their fear of oblivion there are many beliefs around the world some believe in one god some in many they cannot all be right therefore logic dictates they are all wrong.
every time science proves that something that has been written down and believed for century's is total twaddle the various scholars huddle around trying to find a way to explain why it actually meant in the various writings what the scientists have proven. (six days ,well god days are longer than normal ones)
As I was taught C of E more than any other religion I shall give another small example of a flawed belief. God is perfect and made everything, who is the Devil, he's a fallen angel. well if god made everything and he's perfect he made a bleeding great cock up when he made him didn't he.
As you may have gathered I am a devout atheist the only things I believe in is right and wrong, love and peace and the sure knowledge that after my few years on this ball of dirt I will cease to exist and so will all of you so make the most of it while you around its a one way ticket

God also made freedom of choice in the cosmic world friend..........chew on that . God is one and all and all powerful, never foget that. Our lives are only but a grain of sand in time if we all think we are so great and making our own destiny..............Ha ~

As I treid to point out earlier and maybe it is not too clear then..........there is a monstrous difference between religion and faith

♪ step inside I have been waiting for U ♪

What is the cosmic world when its at home ? pal it sounds like you've been chewing something never mind me chewing on anything
there was somthing else wasnt there, sorry I forgot

it's all around you man, you can't see it but you can feel it...........the reason why the evil one was allowed to reign on earth. The choice is there ? whom do you serve ?

yeah it sounds cruel but it is reality

Far out, You're 40 years out of sinc Erich I had all this in me teens
with all the Whacky Baccy and happenings, Lucy in the sky with diamonds
ect im off Its all your fault Skim :lol:

Track how old do you think I am ?

we have an impasse as I thought. I believe, you believe in nothing, except self to get you through. Your response is just the same as many a lost friend back during my hippie days of 1964 onward, not a whole lot has changed except more awareness of an age old disease(s)
Yeah free love for all and no responbilities, no wonder our world sucks....

The long and short of what I believe is this: Personally I believe in a god, but you can stuff your church ("your" to be taken in the generic sense. ;) ). That is simply my belief, and I fully respect the beliefs of others. I'll tolerate those beliefs just as long as mine are tolerated.

This friendly discussion not withstanding, I will not tolerate anyone attempting to force their own beliefs down my throat. I can live just as happily beside an athiest or an evangelist, I honestly couldn't care less. But the instant someone comes a knockin' looking for a cash donation, to sell me a bible, or to win me over to a flock of somekind, then we have a problem!

In short, if you leave me alone I'll leave you alone. ;)

Trackend, I think we are on the same "line of thought". There was a lot or contradictions in the bible. Like when God created Earth. He created it in 6 days and had a rest on the 7th, right ? If I remember well, he created the animals (including fish) on the 3rd day but only created water on the 4th. Question : how in the hell did the fish survived ?

An other thing is that (always in the bible) God created man as an image of himself. But Charles Darwin (who is a model for me as well as Winston Churchill) prooved that each species evoluated and that man came in fact from apes.

A third thing is when Noe built his barge. Scientifics calculated that, in order to be able to carry two specimens of each species, he would have needed a boat 4 times the size of the Titanic (and all made of wood). That's a hell of a big ship !

An other weird thing in the bible is Adam and Eve. They had two childrens... two boys. Question : wich one beared the child for the next generation ?

Personnally, I don't beleive in any god. I think religions are the key of wars. 90% of all wars are based on religion.

Non :

Church is a very broad term.. Body of Christ or state run ? You obviously have had your door knocked on by several of the known religious oddities just as everyone else

Yes the state run church has given Christ the shaft . Maybe maybe not but I think all have to accept what is right or wrong. Leaving all alone will just allow festering and sooner or later one will overcome the other. Just look at the world, look at the mideast. One nation against many.

Just ignoring or making the statement that all are accepted and that if no-one comes before me to test whatever I believe in is going to make it ALL go away just isn't going to happen..............

sad maestor but I will aceept your thoughts as well as Tracks.

Believe this or not but it is going to come down to faith as to what will happen to the end of this planet with water and land.....the end result will bew in the mid-east and the world will watch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back