PRAYER

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Erich said:
yes I would love to hear about his career during the war. and yes he is known for his hard line conservativeism. Curious what his views are on women ? ........... roles in society or at home or both ?

There was an artical about him in the paper today. It stated that in 1943 he was drafted as an assistant to a FLAK unit basically to do all there stupid work such as getting wine for the Captain or clean the guns and so forth. He was relieved of this and sent to the Eastern Front in 1944 and then in 1945 he ran away from his unit and was captured by the US Army and was released several weeks later where he returned to Tuebingen Germany to continue his religious studies. I wish I had kept the newspaper it even had a picture of him in his uniform.

December, 1932: Family moves to Traunstein after father came into conflict with local Nazi Party supporters in Tittmoning.

1941: Enrolled against will in Hitler Youth. Let go shortly after because of his intention to study for the priesthood.

1943: Drafted as helper for anti-aircraft unit, serves in battery defending BMW plant.

Sept 10, 1944: Let go from flak service. Returns home to find draft notice for forced labour.

Sept 20, 1944: Leaves home to dig anti-tank trenches.

November, 20, 1944: Released from labour force, returns home. Gets army draft notice three weeks later.

April-May, 1945: Deserts army, returns home. Captured by Americans as war ends.

June 19, 1945: Released from US POW camp, catches ride home on milk truck.

Nonskimmer said:
Which also tastes like piss. ;)
Not that I've tasted piss. :shock:
I nearly fell off mi chair laughing you burk. You really make me chuckle Skim. I am reading through all the religious stuff.... and then comes that, what are you like.

The Cripps view...... Med, CC and Mods galore.....I am Sooooooo proud of you, for not locking this one down.
Religion should be talked about and argued out, otherwise it will 'always' end up being a route to evil. Talking about it will 'ALWAYS' offend some poor sod some where, but 'all' views need to be heard or else no resolve or agreements (common ground) will ever be reached.
That coming from a girl who grew up going to church three times every Sunday. Now all I believe in is 'Me' .....I make it happen, or I bugger it up. Can't blame god, jesus or Les ( joke Les sorry). that is what folk need to accept.
Anyway... I voted for a woman Pope and she didn't get in, I blame vote rigging!!!!

My two cents.

First, I want to say that I'm an Atheist.

For me, the election of "German Shepherd" Ratzinger is only a proof that religion is always on the side of the f*ckers and all they want is to rule the world.

He was enlisted against his will in the Hitler Youth ? Heh ! Let me laugh ! If he didn't wanted to join them, he had two choices : resist (and risk his life) or fly away. If he truly believed in the "Roman Church", he would have chosen one of those two solutions and NOT join the f*ckers. Accepting the enlistment should have disqualified him from becoming Pope. If we trust all of Ex-German soldiers, none of them would have shot on the Allies, but we KNOW it was NOT the case.

An interresting fact is that Ratzinger is a collaborator of the integrist bunch called "Opus Dei". What is the "Opus Dei" ? Well, it's an integrist group within the "Roman Church". What's their goal ? Rule the world by "Catholisizing" the world. The Opus Dei is so strong in Europe and Latin America that the group owns several Universities in Spain, Italy and in Latin America as well as many other locations linked to education (like housings for students) in many countries of the world. It is so strong in Latin America that it is prooved that members of that group were friends with Pinochet (Chily) and it is suspected (sorry for our Brazillian members) that the Brazillian gouvernment IS ruled by the Opus Dei. (Note that you don't need to be a priest to be a made-man of that group.) For the Opus Dei members, all other religions than Catholicism should be erradicated... with the ones who beleives in them.

An other interresting fact : some experts says that the next Pope could be Marc Ouellette (from Québec). It is prooved that this guy IS a made-man of the Opus Dei.

Religion is a crutch and crutches are for weaks. Being not weak, I don't need a f*cker to tell me what I have to do.

religion is a crutch possibly but not firm faith, and Faith is for the warrior heart.........

Someone once said that there are no atheists in foxholes as well. Saying religion is a crutch is harsh and callous. I have stood in parts of the world where the only thing these people had was their faith. You have your right to be an atheist, but you don't have the right to say that people that follow religion are weak. If I were a religious person, I would take serious offense to that. I am a spiritual person and don't follow any organized religion, but I do believe in a supreme being. I also believe in being tolerant and respectful of the beliefs of others.

evangilder said:
...don't follow any organized religion, but I do believe in a supreme being. I also believe in being tolerant and respectful of the beliefs of others.
That basically sums it up for me too. It's the man-made institution of the church that I'm not really in to.

It's a very personal thing to each person and some are more sensitive about their faith than others. I have actually studied several different religions while trying to find something that matched the way I feel. I studied Buddhism and Zen, Jo-rei (sp?), Judaism and a few others. I was raised a Methodist, but converted to Judaism about 10 years ago. It fit for me. I have been reading a little on the Kabbala (Jewish Mysticism) while also currently studying Shamanism. So I guess I am a comparative religion person. But I am more spiritual than religious.

My last year or so in the military, I got to see some places where, as I said before, people only had their faith. They lived in shacks that would be substandard to westerners, went to bed hungry often and basicaly lived in poverty the likes of which we don't see in North America. But when it came to Sunday, they would put on their best clothes and go to their services. It gave them a sense of community and purpose but most importantly, hope. You would think these people would be miserable. Surprisingly, they weren't! Crime was very low too.

It was a real eye opener to me. Faith is a very powerful thing.

Crippen said:
Anyway... I voted for a woman Pope and she didn't get in, I blame vote rigging!!!!

How did you do that, you have to be a cardinal to vote on the pope and to become a pope and by the way only men can be cardinals. :D

Maestro said:
My two cents.

First, I want to say that I'm an Atheist.

For me, the election of "German Shepherd" Ratzinger is only a proof that religion is always on the side of the f*ckers and all they want is to rule the world.

He was enlisted against his will in the Hitler Youth ? Heh ! Let me laugh ! If he didn't wanted to join them, he had two choices : resist (and risk his life) or fly away. If he truly believed in the "Roman Church", he would have chosen one of those two solutions and NOT join the f*ckers. Accepting the enlistment should have disqualified him from becoming Pope. If we trust all of Ex-German soldiers, none of them would have shot on the Allies, but we KNOW it was NOT the case.

You can not prove that he did anything wrong. In that case he should be allowed to be pope. Not everyone who served in the German Army did bad things. My Grandfather did not, so is he evil? Neither is Ratzinger in my eyes then. Dont take me wrong I am not Catholic, nor as a German do I like him. As most Germans (yes I say most) do not like him because they want a reformed church and he is very old fashioned. But unless someone can prove he did something wrong then there is no reason why he could not be the pope.

Maestro said:
An other interresting fact : some experts says that the next Pope could be Marc Ouellette (from Québec). It is prooved that this guy IS a made-man of the Opus Dei.

Sone experts they are. The next pope was already chosen so how then can think he will be the next one. The next one could be in 20 years for all we know.

Maestro said:
Religion is a crutch and crutches are for weaks. Being not weak, I don't need a f*cker to tell me what I have to do.

Sorry buddy but I am not weak. I am a very strong minden, strong hearted person who does something with there life and does not need anyone either to help me out. But you know what I believe in god. Dont go to church but I believe in god, and I am not weak. Besides since joining the army I have come to believe that I would rather believe in a god and find out there is not one then not believe in a god and find out there is.

I sometimes put cardinal in my cider to make it look all red....does that count ;)
Hey Maestro I admire you convictions m8, Erich Brunner I admire your confirmation to your faith.

Now whos read the De Vinci Code.... bloody good read .... they are turning it into a film with Tom Hanks Audrey Tautou. And Ian McKellen ( as Teabing) directed by Ron Howard. Oh and Christopher Eccleston as Aringarosa ( Med one of mi gut feeling again, that you would like these.... or was it wind again.... ummm prob wind). Tiz A Detective story ....about the Holy grail.
Deception Point ...same written, is full of shit loads of NASA stuff, submarines and the odd F-14 and the like. Just well written the pair of um.

Okay, I think I need to point something out.

When I said : "Religion is a crutch and crutches are for weaks." I was referring mostly to the organization itself. I don't need a guy wearing a dress to tell me what I have to do. Beleive in god if you want. I don't and I don't care.

The lone faith I have is in myself. You learn that when you got a job with a minimum of risk that force you to work alone. When you work alone (as a security officer) in a bank (for example), you know that no one (human or angel) will come to help you if a bad guy breaks in and point is rifle on your head.

That's the same thing if you're doing a Private Investigator job, "tracking" an unfaithful husband. What do you do when he drops in front of you with a baseball bat wanting to swing your head away ? Once again, no one will come to help you. You're on your own.

And Cripps, I haven't read the "Da Vinci Code". But from what I heard of it , it sounds good.

As I said, when it comes to the church as an institution I couldn't care less. In many ways, I feel the same way you do Maestro. I hardly feel that I need men in robes (and women, in several denominations of Christianity) preaching their particular interpretations to me, from a book that was written by men. Too many sects of the church seem all too eager to exploit the faithful for personal gain, in my opinion. Can it be possible to simply buy forgiveness with a large donation and several Hail Marys? I wonder.

However, I do like to believe in a higher being and an afterlife of some sort.

Nonskimmer said:
However, I do like to believe in a higher being and an afterlife of some sort.

It's your right and I respect it.

But as I was saying, who needs a pedophile (there is facts to proove that most of Catholic priests are) in robe to tell him what he have to do ? :rolleyes:

All that wants religious institutions is to crush other religions, what ever it is, and rule the world. Christianity, Muslism, Buddism... All the same to me.

Crippen said:
Now whos read the De Vinci Code.... bloody good read ....

Very good book, great eye opener!

Nonskimmer said:
As I said, when it comes to the church as an institution I couldn't care less. In many ways, I feel the same way you do Maestro. I hardly feel that I need men in robes (and women, in several denominations of Christianity) preaching their particular interpretations to me, from a book that was written by men.

And this I agree with. I believe in god but I do not believe that you have to go to a church to believe in a god. In my opinion god is in you and all around you not in the walls inwhich you worship. I too do not need a book or some man in robe, especially catholic priests or southern baptists that think you can do nothing but read the "good book" and give money to the church. Personally I think the Vatican is nothing more than a Mafia, getting more and more rich. But I do believe in a god.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
or southern baptists that think you can do nothing but read the "good book" and give money to the church.

And remember - all major credit and debit cards accepted. Simply dial 0800 - URDAMNED right now!

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Personally I think the Vatican is nothing more than a Mafia, getting more and more rich. But I do believe in a god.

Heh... Well, one of my work comrade had a friend who was priest. The priest let all down when he came back from a trip in the Vatican. Apparently the Vatican use the Religion as a commerce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back