PRAYER

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That they do. The Vatican tries to control what the world learns and knows about religion and only wants the world to know what it wants them to know. Another good eye opening movie is Stigmata, it really gets you going. I truely believe people die because they find too much out and what not.

Yeah, just like the Mafia...

- If you get too much curious, I'll break your legs.

- If you tell something to someone, you'll make acquaintance with my buddy "Beretta" and his 15 little 9 mm friends.

- If you go see the police, you'll end deep into the river.

Hmmm... I think I watch too much movies...

Im not a religious person. I dont believe in god or a supreme being. and I dont criticise anyone who does. what i dont like are the religious zealots (of whatever denomination) who believe that their religion is the one true faith, and try to force it on those who dont believe in the same way that they do, through violence or political/business methods.

Pope John Paul was a great humanitarian, who will be missed.

While I do applaud JPII for his championship for peace, I do find it rather disturbing about what happened here in the states with regards to the pedophile priests. The big problem is the Boston cardinal who was very involved in just moving them from parish to parish to keep the scandal from getting too big, was promoted and moved to Rome. They seemed to care more about the church image than the poor victims.

evangilder said:
While I do applaud JPII for his championship for peace, I do find it rather disturbing about what happened here in the states with regards to the pedophile priests. The big problem is the Boston cardinal who was very involved in just moving them from parish to parish to keep the scandal from getting too big, was promoted and moved to Rome. They seemed to care more about the church image than the poor victims.

In fact, they DO care more about the church image than the victims. It's well known in the Province I live : 90% of priest are pedophiles. We got a lot of scandals about pedophile priest here.

I can remember of the priest Vadeboncoeur (he got the right name for the job, eh ?) who was caught here but, rather than facing justice, he was transfered in France where he got caught again with kids.

Interresting statistics : in the normal society, there is 10% of gays. But it is prooved that the percentage of gays is higher with priest than in the normal society. That explain a lot of things.

... Like the bunch of priests who were caught by the police in an orgy many years ago. I think it was in Germany or in Austria. :rolleyes:

Maestro said:
It's well known in the Province I live : 90% of priest are pedophiles. We got a lot of scandals about pedophile priest here.
Here too. Unfortunately, it happens all over. It's unnatural to try to force people to abstain, whether it's to do God's work or anything else. Priests are only human like the rest of us. I'm in no way defending paedophiles here, I'm simply saying that the sexual drive doesn't just walk out the door as soon as you've put on a priest's collar.

Of corse, no. What I beleive is that many pedophiles became priest to be clear of legal pursuits. Instead of being pursued, they'll be transfered from country to country and always have fresh meat.

Hi guys I just thought I would let you know that I am reading all your posts in this thread with interest, however I shall still not post any of my own beliefs or ideas as I may offend. Nevertheless it is nice to read your own thoughts on the various subjects. Thankyou.

I am surprised we made it this long without offending anyone. I tend to offend a lot of people with my beliefs on the subject but as I see here most of us are in agreement here.

how are we to learn....honestly if we do not offend ? isn't this a cop out gents ? We tried to do it when hippies like me came into observance and until my calling elsewhere on this world during chaotic times. Do believe we use the word 'offended' and 'politically correct' much too often when we do not want to here something that may just push one of our buttons.

The Catholic church and the Vatican has been a powerful source since the Holy Roman Empire really got going in Europe. Frankly I think if you read my postings in this thread you know my position. Must say that relgious discussions are the hardest to get going and most often the easiest to ignore as it makes one very uneasy. funny don't we do this on other threads such as the Bf 109 variant and the Best Fw 190 variant. We all come off as experts but frankly none of us served in WW 2 to fly these aluminum crates but yet we rant and rave with all our knowledge.

Personally I find this thread a bit on the refreshing side..........

I am still not going to take the bait guys as I know I will do more than just offend probable because im not the most educated bloke around and I would put my views in a plain and down to earth fashion.

well if you do not mind me countering what you all say, and yes I have an open mind to what is out there.............been there done it back in the 60's guys/ladies

bring it on !! 8)

again I would like to use this thread as a learning tool as the other threads on aviation.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back