PRAYER

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I say leave it open, but keep things calm in here if so.

Anyways, about the Pope...

a)It's said he's gone, and so am I.

b)Mehmet Ali Agca (I'm not saying why he's noted, that's why there's Google. ;) ) wants to attend Karol/John Paul II/the pope's (whatever floats your boat :D) funeral! :shock:

I hear ya, if you did taste piss, it would probably taste like a LaBatts Blue! When I lived in Wisconsin, the stores liked to sell "Canadian Beers" for some reason. I put it in quotes because they all tasted the same...BAD. I guess that was one way to get them to drink the Milwaukee brewed beer!

Mind you, not all Canadian beer is horrible. Like I've said before, I'm just not a big lager fan.

I wonder what the pope would have liked, had he been a beer drinker. :-k
(Just to keep things semi-on topic. ;) )

Erich said:
not sure if any of our esteemed members have been following the men that may be able to fill the Popes shoes but I find it interesting one gent a German who has been called the Panzercardinal as a nickname.......what is that all about ?

E ~

Here is what I could dig up on it.

Joseph Ratzinger
The vice-dean of the College of Cardinals is German-born and was once archbishop of Munich. Known as "the Panzer Cardinal," the conservative Ratzinger is powerful in the Vatican but may be too close to the pope for the cardinals' taste.

If the conclave is true to its conservative makeup, it could defy its liberal critics by choosing 77-year-old Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, the prefect of the congregation of the doctrine of the faith.

As John Paul II's papacy continued longer than anyone expected, Ratzinger's age is one of his biggest advantages. Some in the church believe that after quarter of a century with a single pontiff, a short and transitional papacy might prove a prudent choice.

Even though church liberals consider him to be a hardline ideologue and have derogatively named him the "panzer cardinal" he is widely held to be the outstanding figure in the 21st-century church. The Pope chose him to lead the stations of the cross on Good Friday and was seen to have been a sign that he was telling the other cardinals: "This is the man I want to succeed me." The choice of Ratzinger would be the most powerful restating of John Paul's legacy and express the determination of the Catholic Church's leadership to continue with his hardline style.

thanks Adler for the run down on the German chap. Did you guys know he served in the Flak arm during the war ? army, navy, luftwaffe, hj ? not sure

E

I think that was a type he is actually 77 now
I think he was born in 27 or 29. My wife does not like him, she thinks he is too conservative in his ideas about woman and employment and religion and she is Catholic her self.

Ah, okay, that makes sense then. Wow, a pope that was a Flak gunner. That would be an interesting story. But I suppose that should not be a huge surprise that someone of that age served during WWII. I bet he probably has some stories to tell.

yes I would love to hear about his career during the war. and yes he is known for his hard line conservativeism. Curious what his views are on women ? ........... roles in society or at home or both ?

An ex-flak gunner? Very, very interesting! As for the hard line conservatism, many Catholics would undoubtedly see that as a major step backwards, don't you think?

Wow! I'm actually participating in a religious discussion! :shock:

Nonskimmer said:
As for the hard line conservatism, many Catholics would undoubtedly see that as a major step backwards, don't you think?

Well, John Paul II wasn't a liberal himself. He was also conservative towards social matters.

He was very conservative in ways such as women and employment, women and the church, Priests and families.

This is one reason why my wife does not like the German "Panzer" Kardinal. He is too conservative for her and she hopes as a Catholic that a more liberal Cardinal becomes the Pope and looks to make some reforms.

Brunner:

I profoundly respect your, and everybody´s, religious beliefs and ideas.

That last thing I want to argue about is religion; too complex and delicate. Depending on those you might discuss it the issue can be an incendiary one.

I will not put into doubt John Paul II was a man of good faith and open to welcome all those who see and live religion in quite different manners.
Also that he sought peace always is apparently true.

Erich brought up Jesus here.

If I were Jesus, or any of those united in the Godhead, there is a thing i would do for sure: to erase humankind for good and to deeply regret the experiment of having created such creatures.

I can not stand the news, it makes my stomach feel sick to learn of the place I am living in, and I am not referring only to my current residence in Mexico but to the entire god damn planet.

A few months ago I visited San Francisco...jezz...has anyone told the people of San Francisco they are going down? When I say down, I mean DOWN...further down the spiral.

It will sound ridiculous and overgeneralizing, but it seemed like the city has become all about being a queer or a drug addict, or the combination of both.

Drugs, drugs and drugs. Queers, queers and queers. I did not saw anything other than those.

I am a very happy boy. Seasurfing, listening music, differential equations and meeting lots of women make my life an absolutely great one.

Hopefully when I make enough money I will move to a distant wonderful island. Just me and my dog. :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back