Profile Ava Gardner ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dan35

Airman
Nov 7, 2006
Rennes/BAIS
www.absa3945.com
Hello,

I seek to identify this profiles drawn on a hub cap of wheel of P-47 loss in August 44.
http://www.absa39-45.asso.fr/P47/ava_gardner.jpg

I suppose that there was the same drawing of represented in nose art on this P47. It acts of profiles Ava Gardner? or another Pine Up?
Painted from a magazine or other.

I seek to identify the pilot belonged this P-47.
p47

Thank you for your assistance.

Dan

ABSA 39-45

I dont know if we can help much without the serial numbers or something.

The second link had me a bit confused, was the p-47 captured and flown agianst us, or was it just shot down?

I dont know if we can help much without the serial numbers or something.

The second link had me a bit confused, was the p-47 captured and flown agianst us, or was it just shot down?

Eh well here is the history of this P-47 captured and shot down in August 44 is a very strange history.

This P-47 was piloted by a German aviator! I have formal testimonys.

But I excluded that from American P-47. All this history is very difficille to be included/understood. But the only evidence that we have is those of a camera gun, a piece of wing and the hub cap of wheel with the drawing. And starting from this drawing can be will find ourselves this P47. :?:

Dan

The Germans did capture an fly some (3 are documented) P-47s. I don't have a lot of the particulars on the P-47s, but there was one called "Beetle" that the Germans flew and has quite a history.

Beetle was used by the Germans in a propoganda film.

Here are some profiles of captured P-47s. Accuracy I can not verify though.

Attachments

• 2_1.jpg
    2_1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 2_2.jpg
    2_2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 2_3.jpg
    2_3.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 2_3_a1.jpg
    2_3_a1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 2_3_b1.jpg
    2_3_b1.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 137
Interestingly, Beetle was painted up in German markings, then returned to American markings for the propaganda film before being painted up for Zirkus Rosarius in German markings again. That is the only P-47 the Germans had that I know much about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back