Prop Pitch Problems

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Auravir

Airman 1st Class
Apr 9, 2008
On the wrong side of Canada
One day I found that my prop pitch would not work at all. It was not just my joystick. I tried assigning it to buttons on my keyboard, and it still would not work. No matter what I try, it will not cooperate. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Some aircraft don't feature prop pitch like the FW-190. But if it's on an aircraft you usually fly without a problem, which is what I assume the case is, then I don't know what to say except to double check your realism settings.

Almost all aircraft have prop pitch. The Fw 190, bf 109, p-51, tempest, and so on all have it. The german planes have a auto prop pitch you can turn on and off. Once off you can control the prop pitch like you want it. When I fly the 109, I cruz with prop pitch on, but in combat its off. Its a little bit more work keeping a eye on the prop pitch, but i get more speed that way. Another thing could be that u have it set up on simple engine settings. You will have to have it on complex engine management to get the prop pitch controls to work. hope this helps.

Alright, new problem. It was working for a while (thanks to beaupower's help), but now it is stuck at 64%. If I try to change it, it will occasionally flicker to 69% for a split second and then go back to 64%. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

ok I fixed it. I had to reset all of the prop pitch controls. I'm not sure what happened to it in the first place. Before, if I turned the autopilot off, it would go back to 64.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back