Proposal - UK WW2aircraft.net annual meet (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This equipment must be English, 62 years old, handsome with a good sense of humour, and willing to purchase the occassional beer in exchange for his services".

Blimey....I'm outta date, my copy dont say a single thing about purchasing the occassional beer !. Methinks Gremlins are at work here. P'raps you'd better come with me to keep the little b*ggers at bay ! :)

Great stuff Graham !
I'll be booking plots on the camp site this weekend - so far it's me, Karl (rochie) and my mate Mick, with one largish tent plus canopy, Karl's tent at the side, and the bbq and BAR in the middle!
If you want to take part in the 'camping thing', let me know asap, and also send me a PM with 'phone number or other contact details, so that we can coordinate things, nearer the time, to at least meet up on the weekend of the show.
The show 'line up' isn't yet finalised, but it'll be a good weekend anyway, probably more so as it's the 'D Day Anniversary' event, and at least the BBMF 'Dak' is already 'pencilled in' as a definite participant - plus, of course, the 'normal' Spits, Hurricanes, Mustangs etc., and, of course, a march past by the Parachute Regiment.
Really looking forward to a) the show, and b) meeting as many Forum members as can get there.
So, come on, UK members at least, get your ars*s to Duxford, on the weekend of May 24th to 25th, for the 70th Anniversary of D Day !!!

Lest we forget ...............

Duxford D-day Air Show - May 24 and 25th

Karl (rochie), myself and my mate Mick are going on the Sunday, camping Saturday and Sunday at Fowlmere, just up the road.
Anyone else going?

Confirmed flying participation so far includes the BBMF Dak dropping the Red Devils, plus four more C-47's (one from Geneseo, NY), four Spits and one Seafire, 2 Mustangs, Hurricane and Buchon, four Piper L-4 Cubs, Swordfish, Wildcat, Auster, plus Eurofighter Typhoon and Apache, and more to be confirmed.

Should be a great weekend for the first DX show of the 'season', so if anyone is going, let me know, so we can all meet up if possible. Visitors welcome at our bar at the campsite ........ might even have some bacon !

That's a shame Alex. If the last exam is on the Friday, couldn't you make it for the Sunday show, and maybe join us at the camp site on the Sunday evening, or even Saturday evening?
If you can get a small tent and maggot on the back of your bike, that's all you'd need, as we can bring extra kfs etc, and of course a spare beer mug!
Might even be able to bring a spare tent, so you'd just need a maggot and personal kit.
Let me know what you think by PM - and you'd have two ex- Paras to tell you horror stories!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back