Anyone going to 'Meet the Fighters' at Duxford ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
This year's Duxford September airshow, next weekend, 10th and 11th September, is entitled 'Meet the Fighters', and the usual 12 or so Spitfires will be flying, along with other 'warbirds', including a Yak-3, MiG15 uti, and a Sea Vixen, plus some WW1 biplanes, the Hawker Fury (the one like the Sea Fury) and more.
The weather is looking good, judging by the forecasts so far.
I'll be on the usual campsite at Fowlmere from late Saturday afternoon, and going to the show on the Sunday, with my 'Tin Tent' on the airfield, so if any members are going, let me know, and I'll ensure I have enough on board to provide a coffee, soft drink or a cool beer, for those who want to 'call in'.
I'll be parked somewhere between the TFC hangar, and the 'Airspace' building, probably near, or on, the front rows, so if you're going, come and say hello !

Cheers,

Terry.

Good call on the tripod - from what I've seen, the lighting is pretty poor, compared to my last visit, some 28 years ago.
Yes David, I'll be doing my usual thread on the event, when I get back. Might be going over to Norfolk again, after the show on the Monday, so might not get back home until Wednesday.

Thanks Jeff.
Saturday was virtually washed-out, with heavy rain all day, but yesterday was clear blue skies and sun, with a good show.
I relaxed most of the day, in front of the Tin Tent, taking fewer pics, at long range, but got some reasonable ones.
Full report when I get back, probably Thursday - Norfolk is calling !!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back