Queston regarding Arii models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Messy1

Master Sergeant
Nov 21, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
I am looking to purchase and assemble a model of the USS Ranger CV-61, the ship my father served on, and give it to him for Christmas. The only company I can find who have makes a kit of the Ranger is Arii. Can anyone give me any info on this company's models as far as quality, fit finish, and detail?
I used to do quite a few models growing up, but usually it was kits by Revell, Monogram, or even Ertl (AMT maybe?) if i remember right.

Also, anyone know of any other company making a kit of the USS Ranger CV-61.

Here is a link to one of the websites I have found selling this kit.

Arii Models Aircraft Carrier USS Ranger (CV-61) ARI-139

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can give me.

hey Bryon, i think this kit has been around a while, so quality and detail will be a little on the ordinary side...fit in some areas may be an issue when compared to todays ship kits.

Overall it appears to be a basic kit so it will require a bit of extra work to make things fit right and look right, having said that it looks like it builds into a neat model from the pictures I have checked out.

If you have a crack at it good luck, hope you get it built for you Father by Christmas mate!

Time is ticking away......:D

I started to realize I do not think i have the time to get this built with the detail I want put it together with, there is a large number pf planes to paint as well as other pieces. I'll have to think about this.

Bryon, if you don't think you can get it finished in time for a surprise....maybe you could involve him in the build, he may get a kick out of helping with the details....even if you can't finish in time for christmas...remember it's the thought that counts.....:D

That's a good idea Wayne. They Ranger Assoc. is in the working on getting the Ranger donated for use as a museum. I promised my dad we would go and tour it if everything goes through. Thought he would like model of his ship.

I think we are going to try to have it done by Christmas. My girlfriend has voluntered to help with it. Says she like doing stuff like that. Wish me luck!

Ok. The model kit has officially been ordered. Let's see how this goes! wish me luck! Been many years since I have done anything like this!

I built an "easy assembly" Japanese Ki-100 fighter from the Arii only a few days ago. All the parts seemed to fit together pretty well and it was relatively inexpensive($14). A good model overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back