RAF B-25's?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As 305 Squadron did not receive Mitchells until September 1943 common sense says this cannot be the correct date which is 4th October 1943. FV911 was coded SM-S. SM-L was FL192. There is a photograph of its recovery at Little Snoring. "

Yep..It's my fault. I haven't translated the name of the month correctly.Undoubtedly it was September but not August. And you are right Antoni it was SM=S but not SM-L. Just typo..

Continuing with the theme of B-25's in the RAF, is there any on-line source (or other source) that would identify those squadrons or better yet, specific aircraft, that were manned by Canadian air crews... if such an animal exists, that is, an operational RAF B-25 manned by Canucks?

adTHANKSvance

...Bob

A proportion of the British Mitchell allocation under Lend-Lease were diverted to Canada during the war for training purposes. The RCAF did not use them in combat during WW II.

The B25C Mitchell II, 'Grumpy', based at Duxford from 1988 until August last year (now in the US), is one of them. It served with the training unit in Canada, training crews for the RAF.

Continuing with the theme of B-25's in the RAF, is there any on-line source (or other source) that would identify those squadrons or better yet, specific aircraft, that were manned by Canadian air crews... if such an animal exists, that is, an operational RAF B-25 manned by Canucks?

adTHANKSvance

...Bob
try an one of these Squadrons I'm sure there must have more then a few crewed by RCAF

No. 98 Squadron RAF
No. 180 Squadron RAF
No. 226 Squadron RAF
No. 342 Squadron RAF
No. 681 Squadron RAF
No. 684 Squadron RAF
maybe the Canadian Warbird Heritage might be able to help-as they have one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back