RAF Evaluation Reports?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

amrit

Airman 1st Class
Apr 11, 2007
Apologies if this is already available on the site, but I'm still finding my around it.

Does anyone know whether RAF/Air Ministry aircraft evaluation reports for American planes are available. For example, the P-38 was rejected by the RAF. Was the evaluation written up as a report and is it in the public domain? And the same for the Buffalo etc.

Cheers
A

Apologies if this is already available on the site, but I'm still finding my around it.

Does anyone know whether RAF/Air Ministry aircraft evaluation reports for American planes are available. For example, the P-38 was rejected by the RAF. Was the evaluation written up as a report and is it in the public domain? And the same for the Buffalo etc.

Cheers
A

Hi amrit, Here is a web sight that does have a some reports on different aircraft summited by the Australian. Just search under an aircraft under the guest search area. Doesnt contain every aircraft but I do know there are some here.
National Archives of Australia - The Collection - RecordSearch

Another web site that has some data from the RAF on the P-40
Perils P40 Archive Data

P-47 thunder bolt
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/engines/p-47-data-comparison-5551.html

I beleive that are more around but this should get you started.

Micdrow

Thanks for that guys - exactly the type of thing I was looking for.

Cheers
A

Is Mike Williams still active? He definitely has not posted those P-38 AFDU reports on his site...

I am looking for British evaluation reports on the SB2C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back