Random pics of great warbirds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I dont need to go to an airshow anymore, theres been loads of training going on round here over the last week. Apache's, Chinooks, Lynx, Tucano's, Hercs and Seakings :D

We get Chinooks flying over quite often, moving between bases.

lanc, if they're RAF, they're Chinooks. Not CH-47s. :rolleyes:

plan_D said:
We get Chinooks flying over quite often, moving between bases.

lanc, if they're RAF, they're Chinooks. Not CH-47s. :rolleyes:

Are you or any of you close to RAF Odiham? I know they have Chinooks there. I helped mod 2 Chinooks there back in 2002.

No but my dad was based in RAF Odiham when the RAF first got Chinooks. He was one of the first six RAF electricians trained on them.

plan_D said:
No but my dad was based in RAF Odiham when the RAF first got Chinooks. He was one of the first six RAF electricians trained on them.

Had a blast there in 2002, was part of a modification team. Spent a night in a local pub, the locals couldn't believe I drank Guinness. Crawled home that night! :drinking:

The stories of fighting the locals are quite fresh in my dad's memory. He hated that place, he informs me besides RAF Coningsby, RAF Odiham was the worst.

RAF Leuchars being the best. He was on SAR Wing up there.

plan_D said:
The stories of fighting the locals are quite fresh in my dad's memory. He hated that place, he informs me besides RAF Coningsby, RAF Odiham was the worst.

RAF Leuchars being the best. He was on SAR Wing up there.

No kidding, I was in a pub with some folks 30-40. They all seemed real pleasant. I guess I missed the rowdy locals.

pD said:
if they're RAF, they're Chinooks. Not CH-47s

yes i know (it is me after all), i just wasn't sure how to spell chinook so i put the part i did know how to spell :oops:

and there's been allot of merlin action too.......

I hate it when the media say Chinook. They say "Chin-uck" - it's "Shin-ook"

here are some shots of the Zero now at the Fargo Air Museum, so we can get back to the original topic of this forum

Attachments

• zero1_123.jpg
    zero1_123.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 469
  • zero2_753.jpg
    zero2_753.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 468
evangilder said:
Not one, but three, GRG! In the last few weeks, there have been 3 B-17s that have travelled through Southern California; Fuddy Duddy (EAA), Sentimental Journey (CAF), and Nine-O-Nine (Collings Foundation). It has been a banner year for the B-17 here! 8)

Do you know the color schemes on them?

I saw a silver one with yellow tail parked at KTOA and I saw an olive drab one with a red tail flying around several times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back