Rare German Gun Find

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How cool would that be. And she turns it in to a gun buy back scheme to get criminals to turn in their guns. :rolleyes:

Sure is in fantastic shape. Probably legally obligated to torch the receiver. I remember after the Gulf War seeing piles of these rifles (though not in nearly as good shape) in news accounts of confiscated weapons.

Like most non-gunny people, those who have believed the media's portrayal of guns as the Ultimate Evil and listened as ....individuals (being nice here) such as Bob Costas blame human-inspired tragedies on an inanimate object, she was probably scared that it would go off at some point and "kill someone" whilst lying unloaded in the bottom of her husband's old trunk. There have been quite a few instances of gun shop employees or FFL license holders who set up shop across the street from a gun buyback, and will appraise and oftentimes buy guns for much more than the insulting $50 gift card offered by the police, and they make reasonable offers, too. Read somewhere that several off-duty cops were amongst one group who were buying high-end or historical handguns, rifles, black powder, etc. I fully support those guys for saving perfectly good firearms from a shredder!

I remember seeing photos from the England mandatory gun collection...there were 200 year old pistols and rifles lying in the heap...Webleys and so on going to the shredder...this would be likened to Book Burning, if you ask me...all those priceless pieces of history going to thier demise all because a group of people have it in thier heads that "guns" are evil...

I just recently argued the point with a pro-gun control (let's say person here...I don't want to get banned) and they were spewing inaccurate figures at me, about the "horriffic slaughter of innocent Americans". My reply was simple...I said in 2010, the CDC reported that there were an estimated 31,000 Americans that died as a result of firearms from ALL causes (acciditent, intentional and other means) while at the same time, close to 33,000 Americans died as a result of automobiles according to the NTSA (accident, intentional and other means).
So, I said that while firearms may be a real problem, I think we need to focus on the real evil here...automobiles...they need to be stopped NOW!!! Off the roads and on to the crusher...every last single one of them!!
They changed thier tune real quick... (I think I won that round)

Last edited:
Heh. Good show, GG! You can also point out that, while many folks are killed by automobiles every day, you (and the person opposed) are not standing in the middle of the parking lot in fear of their lives that the cars around them will suddenly jump the curb or accelerate and run you over, without human interaction. Similarly, my pocket knife remains in my pocket unless I choose to reach in, remove it, and open its blade. The common denominator in all deaths caused by an inanimate object? The human animating the inanimate object. That is what the anti-whatever crowd conveniently ignores, assuming that since they themselves are not violence-prone (so they say....the anti-gun crowd tends to make a lot more threats against gun owners than vice versa), that if you take "violent weapons" out of everybody's hands, then nobody will be violence-prone either. Basic human nature invalidates that argument.

Hum...
Did i missed something ?
Does a simple inoperable Stg44 worth... 25000 us dollars anywhere in the world ?
Here in europe, prices range from 1200 to 2500euros for a mint one...
Could have understand for an mp43/44 prototype, but i'm a bit lost with an 25000$ scattered Stg44 !

I missed the inoperable part. You can buy a working full auto Stg44 for 1200 to 2500 euros?! Is that military/gov't price or is that civilian right to own price? I'm skeptical of that one. You can buy AKs via an international arms dealer for $50 here in the US. But as a civilian it is 10 to 20 times that price. Now ask for the full auto price of an AK for a civvie. :rolleyes:

I can buy an inoperable anything for dirt cheap. If it's de-milled nobody wants it for the most part.

Quite serious, matt.
Yep, those prices are for demilitarised Stg's.
In France, any full auto stuffs are prohibited anyhow.
Semi-auto only, max 2 in non movable magazine+1 in chamber.
To shorten, anything funny is prohibited out there...
Only civilian right to own prices.
Anyhow, we two watched the rifle pics.
What do you think about ? To my eyes, a war weary assault rifle.
Even with right to do so and money, would not buy this one this price.
I'd'prefer one clean stg,spare parts and machine tooling. just guessing...

Quite serious, matt.

You will not find an operable Stg 44 for 1000 euros. Demilitarized maybe, but not operable. I just did a quick search and can not even find a working one for sale.

Here is a non firing replica that costs $1500.
http://www.wwiiguns.com/store/product_catalog.php?c=38

Here is just original parts for $1500.
http://www.gunauction.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=7988991

Last edited:
Quite serious, matt.

I think we are in violent agreement. I too wouldn't buy the Stg for $25k. But I even more would NEVER buy a de-milled gun for $2.4k+ that cannot shoot and is nothing but a wall hanger. Hell the parts are worth more to collectors than that. I much rather buy a replica that I could actually shoot for less than $1k. And hopefully a hell of a lot less.

Yes Matt, we agree : no interest in any de-activated firearm sadly hangering upon a wall. Here, 7,63 Mauser is still a war caliber, and the gun would have an "articulated", semi-movable 2 rounds magazine even if re-chambered in a non existing (bit powerfull) 7,92 kurtz sized civilian caliber. But a brand new, heavy 8 mm barrel is not so expensive and easy to find. Sights easy and very cheap to find. Breech impossible to find, but drilling percutor well, if not easy, due to heavy alloy demilitarizing steel,should be manageable with proper tooling and lubricants.
Percutor, hammer, extractor , plus springs are easy to find too, not so many able to recognize one single type of the part.
Ejector, easy to machine and weld.
Maybe,the hardest parts to machine or re-activate could be the gaz intake for correct cycling and magazines.
Cartridges would be easy, cutting and necking civilian .270. With some grains of Ba, 8mm fmj or jsp,plus proper priming,
Should work fine.
But still guessing...

Last edited:
Ty Javlin,
.30 carbin could be a real good option too, if cartridge allowded to civilians.
Would feed Stg's magazines right with minor changes, plus being an inexpensive cartridge to reload.
Never heard about such a chambered Stg.
But be well insured i believe your words.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back