Ratier prop blade

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

AndreRan

Recruit
Jun 22, 2020
Dear All, Let me first introduce myself! My name is Andre and I am 53 years old, living in The Netherlands and an aviation ethousiast and photographer. . I am looking for your expert opinion. I do have a prop, and I think it is a Ratier prop blade. But I hope you can tell me what engine / aircraft is has been on. Was is this blade worth ? many, many thanks.

Attachments

• andre.jpg
    andre.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2631.jpeg
    IMG_2631.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2632.jpeg
    IMG_2632.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
it seems turn clockwise seen from pilot. The french fighters single engine had propeller which turn counterclockwise. D520, MS406 had propeller 3,05 and 3,10m diameter.
May be this blade come from twin engine as Potez or Breguet -2,55m diameter?

it seems turn clockwise seen from pilot. The french fighters single engine had propeller which turn counterclockwise. D520, MS406 had propeller 3,05 and 3,10m diameter.
May be this blade come from twin engine as Potez or Breguet -2,55m diameter?
I don't think it could be from a Po63 of this type Potez 637

Ratier electric control, adjust rpm by key inc/decrease and selector on manual then switch to automatic for CSpeed
there was not a prop control on the quadrant but one switch and one key(for each prop) on instrument panel.
G&R pneumatic manual control only

Last edited:
Ratier electric control, adjust rpm by key inc/decrease and selector on manual then switch to automatic for CSpeed
there was not a prop control on the quadrant but one switch and one key(for each prop) on instrument panel.
G&R pneumatic manual control only
What's a "key" in this context? A control that you twist to different settings? That would be a rotary switch: Rotary switch - Wikipedia

BTW, I've seen your work on Drix's site. Some of the links to the pictures died, unfortunately. I did track down some of your modelling work as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back