Realism - more than Patriotism

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

June 5. Buggy, humid after badly needed rain. First swim of the season.

Rocket is back north again on his own after a week in civilization.
IMG_0226.jpg

:) Yes, he has a good-sized frame but his belly is firm and he's lean .... he is the most grounded cat I've ever known ... and that is thanks to good genes and having his cojones. :)

I watch him around big-dog Harley and he is very calm and confident. Around raccoons in town he is always outnumbered but handles each situation with confidence but situational awareness. Totally un-neurotic

Last edited:
June 19. High 31, low 10 .... we need rain.

Rocket, recently well-fed after 6 nights on his own. Lilacs gloriously in bloom. Planted a Tiger's Eye Sumach that was my Father's Day present ... I love sumach.
IMG_0266.jpg
IMG_0269.jpg
IMG_0270.jpg

June 30. High 26, low 6.

From last spring's high water to low and slow. Check out the boat delivery.

Attachments

• IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0282.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0281.jpg
    IMG_0281.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0284.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Leks and I will launch it and take possession sometime .... when it is not suicide by bugs down in the bush where it is wedged. It will be very useful and makes more sense than the stupid paddle boat that I bought Tiina .... can't paddle upstream due to lack of torque ... last weekend Willy took the paddle boat off to a neighbor's pond where it will have a useful life.

Your place looks like paradise MM! I love your cabin. Other than being on the ocean front, I can't think of anywhere more peaceful than being in the woods. I am currently selling my home of 44 years to move to the city, (not my choice) & will miss the peace & quiet of the woods. I see from your pics, Rocket is thriving in his environment!

Thanks for the kind words PJS .... I agree, with the caveat that ocean views aren't plagued with bugs for 3 months p.a., but that trade-off is paid for by a forest (bush) full of migratory song birds. With the year around wood-peckers drumming everywhere and the Jays and crows patrolling AND hummingbirds dog-fighting with wasps at the feeder ... it's quite a show :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back