Recent Purchases (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not a purchase but this passed by me yesterday when pricing donations for a charity I help out from time to time. Not often we get a little gem like this pass through.

Monogram B-17G Flying Fortress 1975 vintage in 1/48 scale. Not a lot of these on the market in this part of the world but plenty on the US eBay circuit, good price as well if your selling for a charity.
View attachment 699715
:santa:
I've got like five or seven in the stache. I'll build them, yeah, yeah that's it, I'll build them ALLLLLL, um oops sorry 😆😅😂🤣🥲

Want to give any away, help Santa? 🧑‍🎄
I'm sorry, you talking to me? Huh you talking to me? I'm a mean one Mr. Grinch! I'm a mean one Mr. Grinch!
01ED3369-C4EF-4C5F-AD83-407CCCB3AC47.png

I'm sorry, you talking to me? Huh you talking to me? I'm a mean one Mr. Grinch! I'm a mean one Mr. Grinch!
View attachment 699794
I can't even begin to imagine what the postage would cost to Australia from the U.S.
Donivanp, have you noticed the RIDICULOUS prices those R/M B-17G's are going for on fleabay? I'm not quite the heavyweight as you.....2 built and 3 in the stash. :razz:

This one will go on eBay, not sure how much not my call but it will be the only one down under from what I've been able to determine. 🧑‍🎄
I hear ya, Vic. I shouldn't be surprised since the price of everything in this 🤡 world we're living in has gone out of control. It kinda makes sense they're going for more money though since they haven't re-popped the 17F, G or any of the B-24's in quite some time. I believe the HK 1/48 B-17F and G are going for about $125 USD and they're "new tool". I just finished re-scribing and riveting the R/M B-24J (gotta get some pics up) and I have far too many other kits in the stash to *try* and finish before I do that again any time soon. So maybe I'll just sell my R/M kits......not. ;)

You calling me FAT? Well yeah ok but still!View attachment 699884
Okay, I lied. I actually have 4. Forgot about the one with the box that looks like it went through WW III (that one's to be used with the Koster conversion in my NEXT life )
You're not fat, just big boned. Actually, that right there is plain 'ol whorish but damn......me likey!! So do tell.......since you have a HK kit there, in your oh so humble opinion, is it worth it?!

Okay, I lied. I actually have 4. Forgot about the one with the box that looks like it went through WW III (that one's to be used with the Koster conversion in my NEXT life )
You're not fat, just big boned. Actually, that right there is plain 'ol whorish but damn......me likey!! So do tell.......since you have a HK kit there, in your oh so humble opinion, is it worth it?!
I fought hard over that their issue, but, bought the F so yes. I have another G and Revell F in a bin that I was converting the G to the F. The Revell doesn't have the interior details, also have a near complete one that was started for a GB and never finished. But yes I think the HK has some very positive items to it, for one the weapons bay is open
D7FB6046-254A-4D40-998B-225FB20A7887.jpeg

Last edited:
I fought hard over that their issue, but, bought the F so yes. I have another G and Revell F in a bin that I was converting the G to the F. The Revell doesn't have the interior details, also have a near complete one that was started for a GB and never finished. But yes I think the HK has some very positive items to it, for one the weapons bay is openView attachment 699891
Now that's a purty B-17 coffin you gots goin' on there! Yeah, the option for the open bomb bay is a VERY attractive thing. I need to look on the Tube of You for some build reviews. I'm sure there are at least a couple.
Curious......how long have you been in Katy? I lived in Houston from '01-'03. Back when Hobbies West was thriving and Brizzard also had his shop. The good 'ol days.

Now that's a purty B-17 coffin you gots goin' on there! Yeah, the option for the open bomb bay is a VERY attractive thing. I need to look on the Tube of You for some build reviews. I'm sure there are at least a couple.
Curious......how long have you been in Katy? I lived in Houston from '01-'03. Back when Hobbies West was thriving and Brizzard also had his shop. The good 'ol days.
October 1998 is when we moved here after retiring from the USAF. West Hobbies was my go to when I moved out here, over on West Memorial. When he shuttered his doors I started going to Island hobbies till he closed. When I get out I go to G&G but not often. Though he is 185 miles away, Lionheart hobbies has been my "local" shop. I've known Rudy for years and when he left Kings and he and Danielle open up in Kyle I just sorta followed along.

I was in charge of the IT for the CG Houston Ship Channel Vessel Traffic Service when I got here, been meaning to leave ever since.

I take up four closets floor to ceiling with my kits. Kids moved out, I moved in

October 1998 is when we moved here after retiring from the USAF. West Hobbies was my go to when I moved out here, over on West Memorial. When he shuttered his doors I started going to Island hobbies till he closed. When I get out I go to G&G but not often. Though he is 185 miles away, Lionheart hobbies has been my "local" shop. I've known Rudy for years and when he left Kings and he and Danielle open up in Kyle I just sorta followed along.

I was in charge of the IT for the CG Houston Ship Channel Vessel Traffic Service when I got here, been meaning to leave ever since.

I take up four closets floor to ceiling with my kits. Kids moved out, I moved in
Well hell....*maybe* we met before I moved! West was Brizzard's shop, right? I bought a ton of kits and decals from Dave at Hobby Island. I heard he was selling stuff out of a warehouse for a while after he officially closed shop. Is Boyd W. still active? Always enjoyed seeing the stuff he did. Jeez....seems like a lifetime ago. Well, in many ways it was!
Stash? Yeah, I'm stacked as well. Roughly 400 kits in my basement on 2 huge shelving units I bought from Ikea decades ago. Just when I get a building spurt, I SOMEHOW coordinate that with a buying spurt. Funny how that works, 'eh? ;)

Sweet googly-moogly..... I've *finally* found someone who's as crazy as I am. Mind you, I'm not a Phantom Phreak, but that's about the same as my P-47 stash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back