Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Still in its wrapping....how could I not!? 😏😉😆😂

IMG_20230108_220101.jpg

Just two days ago I received my Airfix 1:24 scale Spitfire. I preordered it months ago and I have been waiting so long that I'm afraid to open the box just in case its a mirage! Any words of wisdom out there?

Just two days ago I received my Airfix 1:24 scale Spitfire. I preordered it months ago and I have been waiting so long that I'm afraid to open the box just in case its a mirage! Any words of wisdom out there?
I just looked at a review at hyperscale.com. Wow. This has to be a fun as well as challenging build. Hope you share the steps with us. But, a 469mm (18.46") wingspan!! There are doorways that are not that wide....

I just looked at a review at hyperscale.com. Wow. This has to be a fun as well as challenging build. Hope you share the steps with us. But, a 469mm (18.46") wingspan!! There are doorways that are not that wide....
Ralph Haus Ralph Haus ,
I can't wait to get started on it, after I finish the Elco 1:72 PT Boat that is about half way finished. We moved to a slightly smaller apartment in December and the past month has been taken up with those obligatory tasks of a new place. I hate to leave projects half done, it's not in my DNA 🧬
To your point about wingspan…our new place has wheelchair accessible doorways (I'm not in a wheelchair but I'll take advantage of the size 😆)

Never touch the stuff, like gnat's pi$$ IMHO. :D
In the'70's I was working for NJ Public TV and my sound man and I were assigned to cover the first shipment of Foster's to arrive in the US. The Foster's people gave us a few oil cans to try. I did…in the car…on the way back to our office. I was a wee bit tipsy for a while. That's before I knew what real ale is. I even brewed stout a few years after and never went back to look for those pesky gnats!

Just add a dash to a dram of whisky.................................if you must! :D
If it's single malt…no way would I compromise the integrity with h2o. I'm a purist when it comes to Scotch…up to a price point that is. I've got a few stories, a few cloudy memories circling the Scotch glass. The best ones took place in Scotland, one in New York that is unusual. I'll save that for another time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back