Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

New Zealand's new Maritime Patrol aircraft, the Boeing P-8A Poseidon (based on the 737), and bespoke decals for it.

20230405_185630.jpg
20230405_185658.jpg

At my age, if it's not a GB, I may never get to it.
I have to start thinning my collections.
No one else will know what to do with them.
So I went to my local Hobby Store today to order my selections for Carrier and Spitfire. I was planning to build the 1/144 Trumpeter F-14 but that plan went awry. First, LHS is using some awesome surplus bags. No more sneaking boxes in coat pockets or after dark. I can proudly walk in and show her this. It's healthy Hon!! And good value.
Recent1.jpg

What's this on the shelf? He also deals in "collections" and this catches my eye. DML is as good or better than Trumpeter so that was a quick decision for $8 instead of $20.
Recent2.jpg

Next was this, easily justified by thinking that since the Tomcat will be "so easy" I'll have plenty of time to also build this, and for only $9 for 2 can't let that go.
Recent3.jpg

But now I have a Cat thing going and I've always wanted to get some Sweet kits, but they're about $25 with shipping for one. FIVE BUCKS and it has a carrier deck with it!!!
Recent4.jpg

And there was more that I passed on but as for now, I'm DONE buying kits until this build cycle ends;

unless something else comes along.

Having decided to get back into modelling I've ordered the Airfix 1/72 scale Hurricane Defiant and Gladiator. I bid on a small collection on E-Bay every time I bid someone else did within seconds despite there being no bids for a week. I made three bids and was outbid within seconds each time. I smelled a "scam" at work, what are the "ins and outs" of E-Bay?
A lot late on this one. I never get into a bidding war for the above reasons. For three years I went on an eBay binge, buying the kits and decals I wanted before I retired, technically last October. I only buy 1:48 and set limits; for single engine, kit and shipping, 50$. For twin engine, 65$. On the upper right of the eBay page is a drop box with several options. I always select Price + Shipping: lowest first.

1680735115977.png

Sometimes it took months to get what I wanted. Decal sheets were different as I rarely went over 30$

Users who are viewing this thread

Back