Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I also imagine that some sellers use friends, to "help" with the bidding....
More than once, I've lost a bidding only for a short while later, whatever I was bidding on, popped back up as a "Second Chance", for a higher price than the first time around, which I these days just ignore....scam me thinks!

With Jgreiner.
When bidding on E-Bay, decide what you would pay at most (taking into account postage and import duties) and enter that in the box.
It usually goes up in 50c increments, so, for example, if opening bid is $10.00, and your highest bid (the amount you entered) is $20.00, the system will place your bid as $10.50.
If someone else bids, but it is lower than your max, the system will automatically raise your bid to 50c higher than their last bid. If however their bid is higher than your max, you have been outbid, and will have to decide if you wish to enter a new max bid or let it go.
That's the basics of it (which I learnt the hard way!)
I have heard of 'Snipers' on E-bay, but am not sure how exactly they do it. I lost a couple of bids to these guys myself, losing in the last few seconds, without a chance to increase my bid.
That's happened to me couple of times the last two weeks. I set my limit and that's it.

I can't remember how it works but on a couple of occasions I've entered my top bid where it can't be seen and instructed the system to out bid the last bid by a couple of bucks and this will automatically keep going until either you win the bid or you reach the limit you set. I just Googled "Bidding on ebay" Automatic bidding
:D

Getting used to buying from Poland, Great service and prices and pretty fast shipping!!!! Like $35+ 16 shipping

2023-04-03_13-42-06_877.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back