Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMG_20230905_075554.jpg

Another, ummmm, paint delivery! I needed some gloss paints, specifically in the Vallejo line (like the water clean up), and It seems that this (gloss) is only available in the Model Color line? Which is for brush painting; and that's really what I wanted them for, small bits and such. Also trying the Badger Needle Juice. Hope to get the sticking airbrush control under control? Those, and trying the 'game' version of washes. Only place I could find a gray.

Sep 2023 Model Buys.jpg

Good haul Ralph. For details like knobs and levers, I use Citadel Paints: Yriel Yellow, Mephiston Red and Iron Breaker. Very opaque and can cover over dark colours with usually just one coat. Thanks to Terry, I can spray Model Color using a 1:1 mix of paint and water. Not sure about the sticky needle problem as I'm only a few years into using an airbrush

Another, ummmm, paint delivery! I needed some gloss paints, specifically in the Vallejo line (like the water clean up), and It seems that this (gloss) is only available in the Model Color line? Which is for brush painting; and that's really what I wanted them for, small bits and such. Also trying the Badger Needle Juice. Hope to get the sticking airbrush control under control? Those, and trying the 'game' version of washes. Only place I could find a gray.

View attachment 736950
Ralph, the force is strong in this one!

Good haul Ralph. For details like knobs and levers, I use Citadel Paints: Yriel Yellow, Mephiston Red and Iron Breaker. Very opaque and can cover over dark colours with usually just one coat. Thanks to Terry, I can spray Model Color using a 1:1 mix of paint and water. Not sure about the sticky needle problem as I'm only a few years into using an airbrush
Not so much the needle but the air/flow control lever. Seems like there is always a backwash when I paint and have to clean the stem and its chamber, which usually affects the seal, which then loses its lubrication. Thus the attempt to apply a bit of lube to the stem postion where it goes into the air control valve area. We shall see. Supposedly this stuff is less 'lethal' on contaminating the applied paints if it migrates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back