Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

While this may be better placed in the "Quotes and Jokes' thread it really does apply here, as a lesson!

While out with the wife for lunch today I commented that I would like to expand my build area to allow better organizing of the less used stuff. She commented that it would help if I got rid of all the empty kit boxes, those that I have built. I told her that I do, cutting off the box art and throwing away the rest. A strange look ensued. I then said ( the big error ), that those were all new kits, they just don't fit in the new kit area with the rest.

Not sure if I can describe the 'look' I got?? No words spoken, so I just said, do you want another coke or beer or something!

Last edited:
While this may be better placed in the "Quotes and Jokes' thread it really does apply here, as a lesson!

While out with the wife for lunch today I commented that I would like to expand my build area to allow better organizing of the less used stuff. She commented that it would help if I got rid of all the empty kit boxes, those that I have built. I told her that I do, cutting off the box art and throwing away the rest. A strange look ensued. I then said ( the big error ), that those were all new kits, they just don't fit in the new kit area with the rest.

Not sure if I can describe the 'look' I got?? No words spoken, so I just said, do you want another coke or beer or something!
You were caught out in a moment of weakness by a formidable foe.

😄😁😂🤣😅

Ralph, what's the going exchange rate for kits to shoes/handbags? 😉😆😂

Arrived this morning....😍🥰😎
....and thanks to Hasegawa always being helpful:

Yellow Draken: Yellow
Blue Draken: Bright Blue

Very much helpful indeed! 😳😲😆😂

IMG_20230913_130634.jpg

Is there actually any good blue and yellow acrylics out there, that have a good coverage? 🤨🤔

Last edited:
Use a white primer ( a light grey can be as well ) Then apply either the yellow or the blue but airbrush a couple of thin layers. Certainly the gloss coats would be fine to use but sometimes the matt variants have the better coverage. But then you have to use the clear gloss varnish. Also you may not thin the colours too much.
Personally I would use the enamel colours instead of the acrylics . Usually these are much better in covering.

The latest. Too exhausted to enjoy even looking at them :singing:.

Attachments

• 20230913 Yokosuka D4Y2-S night fighter 1:48 Fine Molds.jpg
    20230913 Yokosuka D4Y2-S night fighter 1:48 Fine Molds.jpg
    828.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230911 Mitsubishi F1M2 type 0 model 11 1:48 Hasegawa.jpg
    20230911 Mitsubishi F1M2 type 0 model 11 1:48 Hasegawa.jpg
    593 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230911 Kawanishi N1k1 Kyofu type 11 1:48 Tamiya.jpg
    20230911 Kawanishi N1k1 Kyofu type 11 1:48 Tamiya.jpg
    600.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230905 Mitsubishi A6M2b 1:72 Airfix.jpg
    20230905 Mitsubishi A6M2b 1:72 Airfix.jpg