Recent Purchases (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nice MIGs. I also have one from Academy sitting on the shelf. All this Mig talk might force it onto the table.

In the mean time here's what i picked up today.

The shop didn't have what I was really looking for and being of weak mind I couldn't leave empty handed so I got this. it was cheap so not to big a deal. Plus its a fighter and it has a turret. 8) I'm thinking it will end up some kind of night fighter. I never saw this aircraft till today so some research will be needed first.

Can't say I've heard of that colour scheme before Dirk. Overall black was the norm for the night fighter. During the BoB, there were two squadrons of Defiant day fighters, finished in standard day fighter scheme (Green/Earth/Sky), but after getting virtually slaughtered, they were withdrawn, in August, to re-train as night fighters. The aircraft did have some success, but it's long been ebated about how much more effective it might have been, even with just a pair of forward-firing guns.
I'll get a load of stuff together and e-mail it to you shortly.

I got this lot given to me tonight, by a mate who bought the stuff on a whim when he was bored, in Germany, with the Army!
Not 'my' scale, but a beautiful choice of schemes and nice decal sheet. There's some useful colours among the Revell acrylics too, although I don't know how they'll perform. He also included a couple of brushes, and two bottles of that Revell cement which has the vey fine metal-tube nozzle - ideal for gun barrels!
And all for the grand total of £ zero !!

Attachments

• Avro, Bomber GB 155.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 66

That is sharp. Very cool 8)

For the BoB GB I bought these, now I'm just looking to get Bar's 'White 13' from the same period, from Techmod....or should I go with the new Academy 1/48 E-3 kit? Hmmmmm

Attachments

• AMD48591.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 56
  • AMD48591_1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 55
  • AC12216.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 56
Snapped this one up on ebay for under £10.... Now, I hope that I have the same luck, so that I can finally snap up one of the two 1/48 Ju 52's that I'm keeping an eye on.

Attachments

• ICM Spitfire Mk. IX.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 52
Nice one Jan, I think you'll like that kit.
For the Bar 'Emil', I'd just go with the Academy kit, then you've got the aircraft and the decals!
Second one down on the decal sheets you posted, Tiedmann's 'Black 13', I'm doing in 1/32nd scale - just made the Tatzelwurm decals.

Users who are viewing this thread