Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Received the Heinkel He 177 " Grief " today

looks a good kit, the paint scheme is going to be a challenge. Never mind the scale 1/72

WILDCAT!!! run for the hills i hear a storm brewing

Last edited:
This one for the Cold War GB (rather cheap as well). Gives me four choices, Draken, F-8, MiG-21 and Skyraider.....so far!

Attachments

• J35F-J Draken.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 52
This time only, I shall ignore the very brazen reference to that aircraft! Because, who but the Swedes would devise such a fantastic and effective camouflage scheme, and then paint bl**dy big, bright white numbers on top of the kites?!!!

Well, we like to live dangerously... And just for future references, just which aircraft are we talking about in, as you put it, that aircraft?

My ICM Mk. IX Spitfire.....

And, thank God, finally got my Ju 52! Ju 52 from Tr.St.Fl.F. Nord, Wk. Nr. 5974, P4+CH Lost between Rovaniemi och Kirkenes.... 14 people MIA!

Glad you got the Tante Ju at last old chap - and I shall ignore your request for identification of the aircraft in question!
Nothing wrong with ICM kits, they're beautifully done, especially at such a relatively low price by today's standards. They just need a bit more attention than the average kit, mainly due to the lack of locating pins.

See what you mean Keith! A tricky one, due to the way the nose section is moulded for the engine etc. It could be brought into line, with warm water and tape, but still a very delicate operation. But I bet it can turn faster to starboard!!!

but my spit MkIX front half's on both of the body parts were badly warped

Sorry Keith I can't agree with you I'm afraid. I have checked out on a several kits in my friend's hobby shop and all with the fuselage wrapping is fine. Also I have four of these and also there all is well with them. The main problem ( as I and Terry mentioned it earlier) is the lack of these locating pins, especially for the fuselage halves.Therefore a modeller has to be very careful of keeping the correct model geometry. To make the matter worse the ICM styrene for Spits kits is quite soft and can cause bending of the big parts.In addition the opened engine department makes an impact on the fuselage stiffness at the area.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread