Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not a recent purchase....wouldn't mind to buy these, seems to be very nice and all that, but not at $125+ Canadian each!! Don't know the price for the map book....

Attachments

• Tiger_I__Technic_4bf6b0bdb1cc1.jpg
    Tiger_I__Technic_4bf6b0bdb1cc1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 80
Yup! Always wanted to a Tiger, or several! :oops: Panther as well, for the 5th SS Division Wiking and 11th SS Division Nordland. Been looking at some StuG's as well....but that will be when I've finished a few more birds, and got some shelf space to put them on, slowly running out of that! :oops: :lol:

Edit: I've seen the Tigers In Combat, hardbound ones, like those I have in Sweden, top over 400 quid!!! I wish that I had them here, and the others that I have from J. J. Fedorowicz. Awesome books! 8)

Last edited:
FOUR HUNDRED QUID for a book ! Anyone who pays that needs their head examining, and I don't care how good the book is ! If it's been printed, the local Public Library (in the UK) will obtain a copy of virtually any book, if available, for the measly price of £1.20. What's wrong with people who push up prices like that ? And the buyers are as bad as the sellers.

I knoooow..... I got those two, bought them when first printed for a lot less than 400 camels! Same with the Official Pullman Standard Library books that I have, same silly money there at times!

I was thinking of sitting out the BoB GB, but won't be doing that! Went to the Aviation Museum as an F4U flew in yesterday (!), and of course had to look at the models and stuff in the shop...

Some of the pics aren't the greatest, apologies. Nothing like good timing eh?

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

I think I hit the BoB jackpot, all 1/48! I don't have any of the required kits though. :lol:

The ones I zoomed in on are the ones I'm most interested in doing. They are:

Hurricane Mark I LE*A, P2691, 242 Sqd, RAF Duxford Dec 1940 (though as I type this I realize it's probably too late! :( )
Flown by P/O. W. McKnight (Harry!), D.F.C. BAR, Canadian, 16.5 victories.

Bf 109E I/JG3, France, Sept 1940. Flown by Hptm Hans von Hahn (Gruppenkommandeur), 34 victories.

Bf 109E Werknummer 5057, II/JG3, France, Sept 1940. Flown by Hauptmann Franz von Werra, 21 victories.

Now, what are some suggestions for kits of Spit Is and IIs, Hurricane Is, Bf 109Es and Bf 110C-6s and D-3s in 1/48?

Great stuff, though Karl will be well p*ss*d off! He ordered the Willie McKnight decals, and Hannant's are out of stock! You can still do his kite, just do it in the pre- November 27th colours, i.e. Sky undersurfaces, and no Sky tail band, Night (black) spinner. I'm working on the RAF colours and markings etc for the next part of the' BoB Bits' thread, and should have it done soon. As for kits, Tamiya and Hasegawa (?) for the Spit / Hurri, as well as the newere Airfix Mk1 Spit, and their Hurricane is basic, but good. For the Bf110, you can either go the relatively expensive route of Eduard, or the very cheap, but good, Fujimi kit. The latter builds nicely OOB, and with a bit of extra detailing here and there, can be excellent.
For the Spit II, use either of the above, with the Rotol spinner, and add the Coffman starter blister with putty or sprue.
Bf109E, Tamyia or Hasegawa both as to be expected, and Airfix have just released a new on in 1/48th, which is supposed to be good, with lots of alternative parts / decals, although I haven't actually seen it yet.
Harrison, are you trying to get your own Gruppe of Dorniers ??!!

Thanks Terry, I'll look into those!

Looking at Squadron, Ebay and Spruebrothers and thus far all I've found are Airfix, besides one Hasegawa Hurricane for $60!

EDIT: Terry, do you know what the shipping may be like to here from Hannant's?

Last edited:
nice going H !
Cory, depends on the size/weight of the package etc, so it's probably worth ordering more than one kit. On average, it should be around £6 to £9 for a package that sort of size. I think the Hasegawa Hurricane might be OOP, but there shouldn't be a problem with any of the others, they're all still current. I'll have a quick look around and see who's got what, at the best prices etc. and let you know.

EDIT: Terry, do you know what the shipping may be like to here from Hannant's?

I've bought a lot of stuff from Hannants. Their shipping costs to the US are reasonable but the kicker is that they have a minimum order for kits of £24.99 for delivery outside the United Kingdom.

Decals and small flat stuff like PE sets ship in a cardboard envelope. No minimum purchase. Shipping is relatively inexpensive. I just got three PE sets from them and shipping was about $3 or $4. That's not bad. Took about a week to get here.

For grins, I threw together a quick shopping cart with TWO Airfix Spitfires in 1:48 scale and a set of decals for a total cost of £27. Shipping to the US via Surface "Small Packet" was listed as £7.81 ($12.17).

Edit: Darn, just remembered you're in Canada. Shipping might be different.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back