Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

picked these up an hour ago. had to get 'em for my L-1011. decals by Two Six. they do pretty good quality decals.

LOL for now I'm done with purchasing models and decals......gotta wait till after Christmas, since a certain lady-boss won't let me >.>;;

Looks like many of you are having fun...........nice bunch of purchases guy's.

As for me, not exactly a purchase...................but it came in the post today.

This lovely Jig arrived with the compliments of Bill (N4521U).

Many thanks Bill.

No purchase actually...but a gift....a Secret Santa gift that is. Basically sign up for the Secret Santa GB with a few gift tips, draw names....then wait and see what happens and when everybody got his gift build it in the approriate GB forum section. Early some might think...but the Dutch Santa drops by on Dec. 5th..so

For all its faults (and they are abundant), it remains a beautifully detailed kit that should go together without too much hassle. As a matter of fact...I also have a Daco correction set for this kit sitting somewhere in the stash...so I might take that out as well.

Nice catch Jelmer. The 'low back' kit doesn't show up the inaccuracies as much as their high back MkXIV, and looks quite good when done.

True. Even OOB it should build into a nice Spitty, but the nose remains quite a bit oversized though (imho) Perhaps not as prominent if she sits alone in the display case, but pair it with my recently complete Airfix MK.24 the difference is quite obvious (since the 'fix kit is just about spot on when it comes to nose profile)

Last edited:
The old Hobbycraft MkXIV (high back) can still be found here and there. OK, it's basic, and needs a better canopy, but overall looks the part. Must finish the one I converted to a PR19 someday ........

Just wondering Terry, given the link between a lot of (older) Hobbycraft and Academy kits, is the Hobbycraft (highback) kit in any way related to the Academy (highback) ...that is reboxing? Or are both kit different toolings all together?

Far as I know Jelmer, there is no relationship between the HC and Academy high back MkXIV.
The HC kit scales out reasonably against plans, and has the overall look of the MkXIV, with good panel lines and basic details. The exceptions are the canopy, which is too shallow on the rear section, too thick and not very clear, plus the prop, which is slightly heavy.
Here's a pic of mine, (built around 15 years ago) very dirty and not finished, converted to the PR19.
Note that the angle of the shot, and the wide-angle lens, causes some distortion.

Attachments

• Wall of Shame 019.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 70
a package has arrived
1/30 isu 152

1/48 d.h. mosquito fb vi

1/48 operation husky 1943 spitfire MKVIII, MKIX and p-51

1/72 tu-2

1/72 FW TA 154

1/72 ca-313/314

1/72 FW TA 152 H1

1/72 macchi 205 veltro and petljakov pe-2

Wonderful selection of kits des.

I have an old issue of military modeler that shows that 152 built up, and the steps taken to do so, great stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread