Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Karl - yep, and Wojtek - sounds good! Just need to find a colour scheme for a 489 (NZ) sqn. Blenheim...

Btw, re Chris' Monogram 'Combat series' kits, I used to have the Fw 190/ M4 Sherman set.

Btw, re Chris' Monogram 'Combat series' kits, I used to have the Fw 190/ M4 Sherman set.
That includes teh old Aurora Sherman, monogram had bought the molds when Aurora went out of business.

There was also a P-51C Mustang teamed with the Aurora Panther.

That includes teh old Aurora Sherman, monogram had bought the molds when Aurora went out of business.

There was also a P-51C Mustang teamed with the Aurora Panther.

Ah, good info Chris! Was wondering the difference in moulding quality - the 190 was alot 'rougher' than the Sherman.

Monogram tried to make use of the exstensive molds they bought from Aurora, but most of them were either too old, damaged or the kits were just bad.

They did some work on them, for example they added zimmerit to the Panther tank, and I understand they redid large parts of Aurora's F111 in 1/48 that Monogram released.

I miss those masters of American model making in their old Morton grove home.

Well, I couldn't help it. SB had a sale on. Totally unfair!

Also picked up the Zotz decals for Nocturnal Nemesis and a great mag at the News Agent, with guess what on the cover.

This will keep me busy for sure. The GW P-61 came with three different noses, including the early clear style as well, so I think GW have solved this issue in spades. If any kind soul has a spare upper turret from a Revell 61, please get in touch!

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• P1030549.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 62
  • P1030550.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 65
GAWD.....I do love gift certificates at Xmas

I also purchased this coffee mug warmer. Some decal manufacturers say to use warm water to get the decals to release from the backing and I'm tired of getting up to refill the water No mug is supplied. Shown is one of the wife's old candle holders(Its amazing how fast they get old when a blow torch is applied to the wax).

Thanks to Wojtek and Catch22.

Geo

Last edited:
Got this guy off ebay, but oddly enough without pilots!

Anybody know of a source for 1/72 in cocpit pilots (not super expensive).

Donations accepted if you have spares, I'll pay the postage.

Got these two in the post today,

I have been after the Halifax decals for awhile and the Mureaux 117 just took my fancy.

Attachments

• P9170310.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 68
  • P9170308.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 64
I like the decals for the Halifax. Should make into an interesting representation of the Halifax

Users who are viewing this thread