Recent Purchases (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finally got ahold of the postman by chasing his truck down. This was in the package for me. I prefer this over the Dremel as its speed is totally variable, the slow end is barely rotating up to 20000 rpm if needed. Much safer for working with plastics!

IMG_0288.jpg

Also acquired a camera as my phone photos are not really up to snuff for model work. But did not want to spend a huge amount either so went to several local Pawn stores and walked out with a Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 3 Canon lenses, the standard kit lens which is 18mm - 55mm, then found a nice 'L' series Canon lens which was their 75mm to 300mm telephoto zoom, and finally a fixed length 50mm lens! All for the bargain price of 200 USD. The L series lens I could see right now for 800 used! I verified all the serial numbers with Canon and none are listed as stolen. Pawn guy said he got a really good deal on the lens which I read as a very desperate seller.

Moral of the story, never sell your stuff at a Pawn shop but they often make great places to buy stuff!

Same camera I have and you did very well. I'd suggest you take a few pics with all lenses to check for quality of the pics. Could be dirty and need cleaning.

If the standard zoom that came with the camera is anything like mine, you can use it as a hockey puck as it's crap.

Same camera I have and you did very well. I'd suggest you take a few pics with all lenses to check for quality of the pics. Could be dirty and need cleaning.

If the standard zoom that came with the camera is anything like mine, you can use it as a hockey puck as it's crap.
I did pay to have them checked out and cleaned. Luckily both came with cheap UV filters already installed so the external lens was pristine! And you are right about the kit lens, it certainly beats most phone cameras but it truly is a door stop. The prime lens is the one I am going to use for my models. Once I actually learn how to use it I may invest in a 100mm Macro lens to get the benefit of larger apertures. Also was very impressed with being able to tether the camera to my laptop which extends its capabilities considerably and allows remote shutter triggering etc. And that was all free to download from Canon's site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back