Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

20200822_162014.jpg

Been longing after this one for awhile. I imagine the price is based more on rarity than quality, but there you go.

Very cool Geo.

Arrived yesterday, a box of miscellany from Ultracast to enhance my Typhoon and to help with a couple of stalled kits:

Two sets of resin exhausts (the Hasegawa ones are shite):

20082502.jpg

A pair of resin seats for the Tiffies

20082503.jpg

Resin SBCs with incendiary sticks for my stalled Wellington:

20082501.jpg

And finally, some Master brass gun barrels to go into my P-38 that I hope to finish some day:

20082504.jpg

Just purchased Tamiya J1N1 Gekko in 1/48 and have a 1/32 Trumpeter F4f-3 on the bench, which was a challenge joining the fuselage, but got great advise from many posts. Just finished up a Tamiya 1/48 P38. What a terrific kit. Went together almost by itself. Compared to the 1/32 P39 Kitty hawk which was a total dis-connect. No more Kitty Hawk!!%%&#@@

Just purchased Tamiya J1N1 Gekko in 1/48 and have a 1/32 Trumpeter F4f-3 on the bench, which was a challenge joining the fuselage, but got great advise from many posts. Just finished up a Tamiya 1/48 P38. What a terrific kit. Went together almost by itself. Compared to the 1/32 P39 Kitty hawk which was a total dis-connect. No more Kitty Hawk!!%%&#@@
I've said those very words ;)

Ok, well I build primarily 1/72 aircraft of WWII and a few pre war planes as well. I also build 1/72 armor and vehicles of WWII, sometimes putting them into dioramas. I love finding engines or any reason to open and show off the guts of s plane or vehicle. I recently started looking for a Brewster F2A Buffalo. Now I'm not rich and am stuck on a fixed income, but WOW!! I couldn't believe the prices of these kits. Am old matchbox kit was going for $20 plus shipping. The Airfix/MPC kits were upwards of $25-30 or more!! I couldn't believe it. I actually like the stumpy fighter from the Brewster avionics company. But that was plain nuts. And the Hasegawa kit? Just forget it. I'm just floored at what a simple kit is now costing. New lots are less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back