Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The B-25 in that thrilling box art appears to bear the markings of my next door neighbor's unit, distinctive by the rather crudely painted while markings on the vertical tails. He flew with them in North Africa and Italy and said he never saw an enemy aircraft aloft.

That unit, equipped with C and D models with the aft mounted upper turret, added a tailgunner position that looked like a cruder version of that later incorporated on the H and J models. I guess that they found that remotely operate belly turret to be useless but still wanted to cover their Six.

A cheap find on eBay...
DSC_6683.JPG

Basic but very nicely moulded.

Thanks guys, I think the kit is an older one as it has no PE or resin details included. That being said the details moulded into the styrene are very clean and crisp. It was a bit of a bargain so I am chuffed with the purchase. :toothy5:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Just ordered an Airfix 1/35 M3 Grant.

It's going to be a first for me I have never built anything with tracks.
My favorite tank. I like 'em goofy.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Just ordered an Airfix 1/35 M3 Grant.
A friend of mine recently picked up one of those at a swap meet. He paid $4 for it; it was missing a few parts. After struggling with it for a while (he builds A LOT of models) he pronounced it hopeless and said he hopes he can find a cheap 1/35 Sherman sometime to use to rob the running gear, which is partially missing as well as highly inaccurate.

All I can say is Good Luck! I'd like to have the 1/32 Monogram Grant or Lee if they reissue it.

A friend of mine recently picked up one of those at a swap meet. He paid $4 for it; it was missing a few parts. After struggling with it for a while (he builds A LOT of models) he pronounced it hopeless and said he hopes he can find a cheap 1/35 Sherman sometime to use to rob the running gear, which is partially missing as well as highly inaccurate.

All I can say is Good Luck! I'd like to have the 1/32 Monogram Grant or Lee if they reissue it.
I have done a bit of googling and if I read it right the first issue of the kit had incorrect suspension. Academy (it's not an Airfix kit only a rebox) retooled the suspension sprue for the second issue.

Your friend must have got an early 2008 kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back