Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

84177_box_mig-21mf_rev0_vko.jpg
fe1216_lept.jpg

So many nice kits being released I started on a buying spree again. Latest purchases. The excellent Eduard Spitfire "Eagle's Call" with decals for 12 American Flown Spitfires in RAF/RCAF/USAAF service. I really like the markings for Don Blakeslee's Royal Canadian Airforce Spitfire V who as some of you may know became the CO of the USAAF 4th Fighter Group. Also, there is a marking for Don Gentile's USAAF Spitfire Vb another 4th FG alumni and the highest scoring ace ( aerial kills) in the USAAF in Europe. That's his a/c on the box cover MD-T. For USAAF fighter groups my favourite has always been the 4th.

Next up the really nice Great Wall Hobby Su-35S in 1/72 scale. GWH kits are really high quality kits. I could of gotten the 1/48 scale version but it would have been too big to fit in my display cabinet so went with the 1/72 version.

More to come.

Cheers,
Dave.
View attachment 640844
Beautiful kits. Eduard really knows their business. I moved from 1/72 to 1/48 in switching to WWI German aircraft.

Thanks Guys.

And this one arrived yesterday. It's the old Hasegawa kit but probably still the best B-25 in 1/72 scale out there. It has markings for 10, B-25's with a/c that served on Corsica, France and the Pacific as well. I believe it has Eduard's new decal technology they are using on all new releases.

** Considering this one for the heavy hitters group build that kicks off in November.**

20210910_062143.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Guys.

And this one arrived yesterday. It's the old Hasegawa kit but probably still the best B-25 in 1/72 scale out there. It has markings for 10, B-25's with a/c that served on Corsica, France and the Pacific as well. I believe it has Eduard's new decal technology they are using on all new releases.

** Considering this one for the heavy hitters group build that kicks off in November.**

View attachment 640997
Sweet plane and by a company that knows it's business!

Thanks Guys.

And this one arrived yesterday. It's the old Hasegawa kit but probably still the best B-25 in 1/72 scale out there.....

View attachment 640997
I would say "the best B-25J". IMHO for early "Mitchells" (B,C,D) the latest Airfix kit in the same scale is the best option.;)
BTW the decals in the Eduard-rebox are for very interesting birds indeed!
Cheers!

Incoming!

Just arrived the Hobby 2000 1/48 P-40N based on the Hasegawa kit. I have been wanting a late P-40 for sometime and had been looking at Hasegawa but couldn't find them. Lot's of P-40E's but zilch on P-40N's. These P-40's were the fastest of this aircraft design with block 20 aircraft getting the Allision V-1710-99 engine producing 1,360HP. Of course a lot of stuff was removed and mods made to improve speed, Didn't know but the first three production blocks only had four .50 Cal MGs. Later ones had six. Got this one off a facebook group. Great decals by Cartograf and a Canopy mask was included in the kit. Nice!

20210915_080429x650.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back