Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

May I ask you what scriber/scribing tool are you using with these templates? I have troubles scribing small circles or elypses or even squares/rectangles (like underwing hatches etc.) with a template, when using a sharpened pointed scriber/needle. Is there any better tool?
Cheers!
Basically, I bought a set of well call them dental picks from Harbour Freight. $3.99 for five different picks. I only use the straight one.

Basically, I bought a set of well call them dental picks from Harbour Freight. $3.99 for five different picks. I only use the straight one.
Thanks! I have dental tools too. Have sharpened some of them additionally for easier work. But the line gets never clean and nice and if I try to do a circle too fast the scriber "jumps out" of the template. I believe it's because of me, not because of the scribing tool...:silly:

20211217_144050.jpg

Just landed. Revell's 1/32 P-51D Early. Picked her up for $46cdn. Crazy for a 1/32 scale bird and a very good kit for the price from the reviews I read.

Question. The decals look kind of thick, like Tamiya thick. Anyone work with the latest Revell decals? The two markings included are for "Frenesi" of Major Thomas L. Hayes 364th Fighter Squadron, 357th Fighter Group and "Cripes A Mighty 3rd" of one of the USAAF's top scoring aces and top scoring Mustang Ace, George Preddy from the Blue Nosers of the 352FG. I am planning on doing Preddy's a/c and Eagle Cal has a set for it but if the Revell ones are good I would use them. The register on them looks good certainly.

20211223_085257x650.jpg

Last edited:
Just landed. Revell's 1/32 P-51D Early. Picked her up for $46cdn. Crazy for a 1/32 scale bird and a very good kit for the price from the reviews I read.
It is a nice kit have built one two more in the stash just be careful around leading edge were the gun barrels go. I used aftermarket decals.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back