Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

here is a pic of the part I have found via the net.So it is damaged undoubtedly.

Attachments

• DSC02477.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 38
uh-hm...sure ya' don't, Wurger...

How about the Japanese Shiro Ruyu 'White dragon' markings....from Two Bobs decals!

I'll have to look into that, Wayne Little- as soon as Revell sends me replacement parts! The box was missing most of the parts. Inside the box were the decals, the tires, a missile, and some lumps of white metal parts that melted somewhere. Thats all I got for 69.98$! I feel cheated!

On a seperate note, I have completed part 1 of 3 of my "Lancaster - Attack(ed) diaroma! That is, I completed the base of the diaroma. I still have to build two "dam-busters" Lancasters and three BF-109F's. It took me three and a half years to complete the base, due to the research to complete the effect of the "dam" exploding and to perfect a way to simulate water bursting through the breach. Luckily, that was the easy part. I expect a lot of scratchbuilding in the future-but this time it won't get in the way of my college homework.( I'm studying to be a graphic designer!)

I messaged ARII/Otaki back in the early to mid 90's on some decals/canopy and got a whole nother kit with 4-5sets of decals.I had to go to the local Japanese restrauant I visit and get one of the older ladies to write up the letter and address it.What they sent back in English was written in there sentence structure and a little backwards but hey most of these guys I here will make things right.

It's best, when trying to contact a manufacturer direct, to send a god old fashioned letter. That way, it should eventually reach the right person or department, it should get around any language barrier, and normally results in a reply at least. In the very few cases when I have done it, long ago, I've always received at least a replacement part, and, on two occasions, a complete replacement kit. Probably easier, and no more expensive, to send a complete kit rather than 'splitting' a kit, packing parts etc separately, and sending that.

Sounds like a good plan. Of course, it would need a lot of re-writing, different approaches perhaps. This would, in turn, lead to more discussion, requiring further liquid lubrication, which would lead to the requirement of further supplies of a suitable beverage......I reckon 3 to 4 days should see the job done!

Strewth mate sounds like an awesome project!...Pics man!

Here is some inspiration on the 'White Dragons'....got the decals myself in 1/48

Pic Sourced from the internet.

Attachments

• F15J White Dragon.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 36
Strewth mate sounds like an awesome project!...Pics man!

Here is some inspiration on the 'White Dragons'....got thredecals myself in 1/48

Pic Sourced from the internet.

Dude, that is AWESOME! I'll have to do that!8)
Just as soon as I get a replacement kit! I got ahold of the manufacture and will get a replacement kit-complete with photo-etched and white metal details.

Unfortunately, I don't have a camera to take pics of my project ( I am in college after all, but I don't drink or party-I build models and do my work) and therefore cannot submit pictures...sorry

I started the project in high school while a sophmore (2nd year in high school for those who don't know). My AP World History teacher had just finished teaching us about the "dam buster" raids. He himself had worked on a "dam buster" during ww2 (unfortunately he died a year later from a very terrible disease- old age). That is what started me on this project-as a memorial to him and to all of the "dam buster" pilots and mechanics.

As soon as its done, I'll get a good digital camera and take a ton of pics for y'all, okay?

Users who are viewing this thread