Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Can't wait to see it!

BTW, Italaeri over here is usually $15-20 for any 1/48 scale model. My model supply store gives low prices to good models. Sometimes they give a discount sale on plane diagram books-and they usually sell for $10.

This lassie....8)
Even though the box is somewhat larger than the sprues themselfs, this bird is H-U-G-E!
She'll be a No 74 Squadron girl, the Tiger Squadron.....
DSCF0001-38.jpg

And these tow books. About the J-28 Vampire and the J-35 Draken/Dragon...
DSCF0005-25.jpg

Nice buys mate. When I can eventually get a Lightning, and regarding what we discussed about a 'Squadron build', I might change from 43 to 56, in order to do pre-war to present. Means doing another Phantom though... oh dear, what a shame!

I say old chap! I feel your pain Brother Tuck.....stand tall and strong dear boy! We all have to suffer to get free passage through the Pearly Gates St Peter....:D

I'm just hoping Airfix DO re-release the Lightnings, and the Tornado F3. Just checked on the price of the Hasegawa Phantom FG1 - £40. It was £25 when I got my last one, but I suppose that WAS 23 years ago!
Could be an expensive build this lot, with 8 kits to get! Going to do from SE5A to Tornado F3, missing out a couple. Basically, one aircraft type from each decade. Should keep me busy for a few months, or years!

Nice buy! 8) I was in a hobby shop yesterday thinking of buying the same kit only reason I didn't was I wanted the buble canopy F4U -1D (brothers birthday pressie needs to be an RNZAF bird)

Have fun mate!

:shock: We did? You sure mate? We had a Birdcage Corsair flying in RNZAF colours for a while here until it got exported to Brazil :( I was almost positive we didn't operate them though

Don't suppose you know how many we had roughly? Would be really cool if we did cause I love the Birdcage Corsairs

I'm not sure Daniel, but I could swear I've seen a picture. Perhaps I got thrown by the one you're talking about, which I've seen pictures of. Let me dig a little bit deeper into it.

EDIT: You seem to be right Daniel, judging by the dates that you guys first got them (March 44), this was well after the Birdcages were no longer being produced. Sorry man, my mistake!

Last edited:
Shame they didn't-(this is just what I think!)-the birdcage corsairs are really sexy!

BTW-I bought my first JSDF AWACS (a boeing 767 with a giant radar dish on top) and aftermarket details decals for ~$65. Man, this hobby is expensive!

Brought this 7 minutes ago for possibly my third PTO GB entry

Will of course be an RNZAF machine

Attachments

• Hello how are you.jpg
    Hello how are you.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 53

Users who are viewing this thread

Back