Recent Purchases (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm still planning on the rest of the GBs coming up. The Eastern Front Yak will be finished at some point. If you missed it; I had rotator cuff surgery at the end of May and now I know how Bustedwing feels. The sling can come off and I've started a little project just to get used to paint and glue again. A package arrived the other day with these for GB56 and 57.
View attachment 677361
View attachment 677362
This is the first Brengun kit I've seen and the sprues look really good. I mean new Airfix and Tamiya good. The kit came with a little PE and a resin radiator intake, but I sprung for the extra set for the cockpit detail. A while back I got this because, I donno, who can pass up a $10 Mustang. Thankfully GB 55 came along.
View attachment 677363
Bonus, I (if I can finish both) will have bookends on the Mustang ddevelopm
Rotator cuff is rough as is the physical therapy. I really struggled with the therapy.

Why yes they would Geo! Seriously I would love to do a GB, but as you know it takes me waaaayyyyy too long to finish a model. My speed record is currently 10 months :lol::lol:. Only 3 more years until I retire & hope to still be around to start doing GB's by then!!
That was my dream almost 18 years ago. Retirement was the best job I ever took and the models still keep coming. :D

I take it you went for the eBay on then. :D
Or TWO........................
One Blue going to 126 Sqn
GB55 X1.jpg
One in camo from 126 Sqn
BR_AR471 126 Sqn.JPG

That blue will be a minefield Bill. U.S. Navy blue while being transported to Malta or Mediterranean Blue from possible local supplies
Yes and it could be the color in the photos which was notoriously off.
Don't I know............. after researching this Blue subject.
Many discussions, on and on and on.
So in fact it's open to preference.
Could be That blue, or that blue or any one of three
and thinnnned or extended by adding black.
No mine field, I pick the blue I like!Problem solved.
Besides, I have the British Yellow in my Corel so I make the yellow true,
and the blue follows. That's my story and I will stick by it!!!!!!!!

Could be That blue, or that blue or any one of three...
I collected some information during the years about those blue Spits. Never used it for a model but it might help to make a decision - see attached.
Cheers!

Attachments

• Malta Spitfires Part 2-print.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 26
As I mentioned in the last post I also picked up a set of B-58 (1/4) intakes and a set of AIM-26 Falcon missiles. The Intakes come in two section, intake and compressor blades, and the AIM 26 (like the AIM 4's for the F-89H) a single items. I think they look pretty good. The AIM 26's are good for F-102 (up to 1971) and for the Draken as the RB 27.

20220716_184742.jpg
20220716_184754.jpg
20220716_184850.jpg
20220716_184855.jpg
20220716_184923.jpg

View attachment 678108

I imagine that decals for the E.V/D.VIII, is for this lovely bird....🤨🤔

View attachment 678110

Wanted the decals for this one as well....

View attachment 678111

Yep .. that's the Fokker E.V (CWL 004) no.190/18 flown by Lt. Julian Jasiński servicing in the 19th Fighter Squadron. On 03.06.1920 he was hit by a flak at flight and had an emergency landing near Borysow town. The pilot was caught by soviets and became a POW. The Jasiński's Fokker E.V was captured and restored by russians.

Fokker E.V.jpg

Fokker E.V 004 cpatured.jpg

Cpt. J. Jasiński ...

Cpt Jasiński.jpg

the source: Zdjęcia naszych samolotów w latach 1920- 1939

Users who are viewing this thread

Back