Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Picked this up at a local thrift shop. Seems to be missing one MLG door, which should be easy to replace, as well as one bomb. Appears to be superior to that 1/32 Revell P-47D kit I had about 50 years ago.

And it looks like snap to assemble, but I am a bit concerned about that "Adult Assembly" warning......

View attachment 689280
"Adult assembly" that's a subliminal message.............................. requires a six year old to attend!

IMG_20221005_111744.jpg

IMG_20221005_111808.jpg

Mr. TinyScale here reporting a new infatuation. When I'm looking for the next project and these modern jets are in the list; I'm seeing prices of $30 and up. That's too much plus they take up too much room. So at around $10 these are much better.
View attachment 690818
But you have to be able to see and can't be shaking when building, or they'll fly off into Mr. CARPET MONSTER!

All kits have small parts and I admit that most of my GB's are missing something. These kits have proportionally fewer small parts so that is an advantage. I know that 1/48 is far more popular here and I am always in awe of the results that I see. I've always felt that my model skills were at best only adequate and besides the cost and space aspects, the smaller model would somehow "hide" my mistakes just because they were smaller. There is also a smaller time commitment since there is less seam filling, construction and paint area. Back in the 70's I did build some 1/48 WWII fighters and there were a few that I gave up on because of the complexity and the number of errors that accumulated. I play a game with myself as I start each new project; "so far, this is PERFECT", until it isn't. As far as seeing, I still have pretty good eyesight plus I have a magnifying lamp my Mom had.

Down in PG today and as I was getting low in "modelling" Q-Tips I really stocked up. These are identical to what Tamiya sells; many use them to remove Tamiya Panel Liner as regular Q-Tips leave fibres behind....so I've read.

IMG_0006.JPG

This lot cost me 29.95$ plus tax for 600 swabs. A Canadian online shop sells the Tamiya version for 5.99$ for 50 swabs. You would need to buy 12 packages of Tamiya to equal what I bought at a cost of 71.88$ plus tax

Users who are viewing this thread

Back