Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

20200706_212854.jpg

Evidently I am a sucker for "new parts" :crazy:

Haven't been at the bench for a bit, but, running the risk of becoming a perpetual monkey with a button internet shopper, I did do a bit of.......cough cough......ahem.....impulsive internet shopping. I have been busy at the post office picking up items that have been arriving willy nilly for the last few months that were purchased when I was enjoying a month long Covid vacation, such as some Akan Lacquers for WWII VVS from Hobby Colors of Greece.

IMG_2900.jpg

IMG_2901.jpg

Decided to bulk up on a few Gunze RLM colors, along with some Vallejo thinner and Tamiya Extra thin, from Sunward Hobbies, to help offset shipping costs......
IMG_2964.jpg

And because I use a lot of this tape I bulked up on it in a package deal on Ebay from a seller in Japan, no great saving per say, except for the lack of shipping charges or gasoline costs
IMG_2965.jpg

And the icing on the cake, Special Hobby had a sale on for "members" where every week for 4 weeks they had a few different kits at, if I recall correctly, 50% off. I decided if they posted up one of the 1/48 FAA kits I was interested in, I'd grab one. Only took just under 2 1/2 months to get here, which was expected under the circumstances.

IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

I also bought and recieved this from Ebay just before the world went wonky, but here it is anyway

IMG_2963.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

Happy Happy Happy
thumbsup.gif

It costs me the same as it costs you to shop there, so when I order things from him I try to order enough to justify the cost. Since it costs at roughly $10+ gas to hit a hobby shop in Calgary I try to limit my visits to when I'm going in for other reasons, unfortunately the shop I frequent when I'm there doesn't always have what I'm in need of, plus they don't carry Gunze, so for the extra roughly $10 on top of fuel costs, I get what I'm looking for within the items he carries usually sooner then if I waited to head into the city which isn't a regular event.

Another place I order from is Hobby Wholesale of Edmonton, they charge $12 shipping for most things and have very good service, But they don't carry some things Sunward does and vice versa. I do try to support the brick and mortars/Canadian shops when it is practical even if it's not always the cheapest option.

Just wondering why it seems like the newest posts in this thread are like 7 to 10 years old ?
Guess I'd better post some of my recent buys,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back