Remembering your first flight

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CORRECTION

I don't know how I forgot about this (must be getting more senile than I thought). First flight was with my uncle, a B-24 pilot in WW II. Was probably around 10 or 11 years old. Went up for a ride in a four seat seaplane (don't remember the type) from the Little Ferry Seaplane Base in New Jersey (couple of miles west of the Hudson river).
The best part of the flight (and this is the God's honest truth) was when he took us under the George Washington Bridge. I don't think that's legal, but the FAA never caught him.

TO

Dug this out, probably the worst aviation photo ever posted on the site, but its my first solo and means a lot to me.

March 1973, a Capstan Glider at RNAS Culdrose

Attachments

• First Solo 16Mar73.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 75

WOW!!! how does it feel to take off and land on water! The PBY is one of my favourite planes ever.

I see alot of you flew on passenger jets, that I still have to do
I did flew alot in the Aérospatiale Puma(now called the Oryx by the SAAF) when I was in the SANDF and a few time in Cesna's

Oops I see ts is the PBM sorry, but still a flying boat

My first flight in the T-34C saw me just trying not to vomit on myself. Those split-S's did not help my situation either. I didn't barf... that time.

Hi eddie. I have flown in that "ou Tante" when the airshow was here years ago in George and it was a flight to remember let me tell you.

My first flight was on a Airbus A-320 from Johannesburg to George. Flown on the A-320 a lot for about a year and most of the trips I sat in the cockpit with the pilots.

Dad was a member of the Sperry Flying Club on Long Island, flying in and out of MacArthur Airport in Islip.... They had a Beechcraft Muskateer and a 2 seat Cessna.... Dont know how old I was for my first flight, but I was a small kid....

I remember vividy those days, looking down on our house and my Dad and Grandpa trying to make me throw up....

My first flight....It was 30 years ago in An-2. It was a agro flight- a crew took me with them unofficial of course.... I found a pics for you, guys:

Attachments

• IMG044.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG045.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 57

Users who are viewing this thread