Report: Chinese Develop Special "Kill Weapon" to Destroy U.S. Aircraft Carriers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hmmmm ..... weve had the fighter gap and bomber gap in the 50's, missle gap in the 60's. The big bad highly trained and motivated Soviet military of the 70's.

And now we have a chinese missle that has created panic.

LOL.

Well that seals it... the MIC does exist! :D

Who's in panic btw???

Hmmmm ..... weve had the fighter gap and bomber gap in the 50's, missle gap in the 60's.
And WHO came up with those terms? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't a defense contractor!

And in some cases they turned out to be correct.

The big bad highly trained and motivated Soviet military of the 70's.
And that they were when compared to a "Carter Adminstration" military. Different story after 1981...

Digressing I know but I have heard that the Chinese Navy have a problem with their vaunted carriers. Russia has cancelled the order for 50 Su33 aircraft that China placed.
Russia has just twigged that China has a habit of producing cheaper versions of almost anything they buy, in this case the Su27 in direct violation of signed agreements. China bought 200 Su27's (J-11) and then produced their own version (J-11B), in itself not allowed in the original agreement and offered this for export in direct competition with the Russian version, which has really ticked the Russians off.

This leaves China with a problem as to where to get their carrier aircraft from. We can take it as read the USA isn't going to sell them any and the only other producer of carrier aircraft, is France.

Digressing I know but I have heard that the Chinese Navy have a problem with their vaunted carriers. Russia has cancelled the order for 50 Su33 aircraft that China placed.
Russia has just twigged that China has a habit of producing cheaper versions of almost anything they buy, in this case the Su27 in direct violation of signed agreements. China bought 200 Su27's (J-11) and then produced their own version (J-11B), in itself not allowed in the original agreement and offered this for export in direct competition with the Russian version, which has really ticked the Russians off.

This leaves China with a problem as to where to get their carrier aircraft from. We can take it as read the USA isn't going to sell them any and the only other producer of carrier aircraft, is France.

Interesting thoughts there Glider - I'll worry a lot more about the Chinese the day they field 10 ro 20 "capable" aircraft carriers.

Thats true. Its going to get interesting and a little scary on two fronts. Taiwan is the obvious problem but India is currently the Naval power of the area and the only one with carriers. Both would be happy to see the Chinese Navy have problems with their carriers.

Anyway back to the topic. I would be surprised if the Chinese had the technical assets in place for such a weapon. They have satellites but not I would have thought to be able to cover the area needed and these would have to be able to track and report in real time any changes in the position of the target. They may also need to be used in communicating changes in the missiles flight . Also the misiles will need to have countermeasures and dummies to overcome Aegis missile systems. Its a bit of a tall order for me.

A mach 10 airbreathing missile is pure folly for the ChiComs. No truth to it whatsoever. I don't know why you guys are wasting your breath on this subject.

A mach 10 airbreathing missile is pure folly for the ChiComs. No truth to it whatsoever. I don't know why you guys are wasting your breath on this subject.
:evil4: Matt, If I was president I'd appoint you UN ambassador!

Mach 10? Unless it has a ballistic missile profile... B$llshit. Pure propaganda.

And then if it does, it is just another Aegis target.

Can Aegis work against a ballistic missile warhead?

At that point it would no longer be a missile that can be shot down, just a warhead?

Suppose the first missile carries EMP to detonate over the target? Makes thing much more interesting for the rest?

Unless I missed something, it's not referred to as an air breather. It's a ballistic missile. To me the implication is that it is like a Scud with much better guidance. Still i cant imagine anything mach 10 screaming down with enough accuracy to sink a carrier unless its a low yield nuke.

7,600 mph agile enough to anything?

Heh. Considerign the date of most of these posts, I'm still waiting for someone to pop up and yell "April Fools"!

Only a world class jack-ass would do something like that!

Heh. Not denyin I may be qualified as at least a nation-wide jackass, but world class, no. So I'm not able to pop up at this time, sorry.

:occasion5:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back