Request about Fl number

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hesekiel

Airman 1st Class
Dec 27, 2008
Northern Germany
I have in my collection a "Kühlerklappenschater" (Switch for cowling flaps) from a Junkers 88
Does anyone knows the Fl-number of it??
The writing in it:

Bauart Siemens
Bm. LDS 11 2/4
Anf. Z. Fl (blank)
40 Volt, 10A
Gewicht 0,26 Kg#WerkNr. (blank)

KK1.jpg

KK2.jpg

Thanks a lot Oliver.. But this is another Switch..
The description of the one i own is "Kühlerklappen Schalter, Bm LDS 11-2/4 Diagraphic, Berlin"
But no fl-number to find for it. This switch was the standard in Ju 88.. So i can´t believe that no fl number for it exist...

Hi Oliver
Thanks again! I take a trip at march 15th to the Luftwaffenmuseum at Berlin Gatow.. With this Fl number in my pocket i will look for some instrument to compare :)
i´m sure they will there hold such stuff...

I have just checked all my FL reference and it appears only as you
describe,no FL or Aircraft type beside it.
I thought it could also be ME110,but the picture I saw with it
fitted is post war and the 110 used fle630201.
99% sure its JU88 (LATE WAR)..Good Luck!

100% sure that is ju 88 !
A5 1940 approved..... , Werknummer and location of crash known ! :D
This type of switches are built in every Ju 88 i have seen
Pictures from the console..
Maybe Guttorm can say something about this??

its really a mystery that this part does not have a Fl number. we have those in our A1 as well ( 1939 ) and it says the same on those--identical to the one you have there !! but No Fl number on any of those as well..and this 88 A1 was buildt in 1939.. its really strange that there is no Fl number as there Must be one..and i doublechecked in the same book as Saburo has.. and it does give the Fl number there but there are no numbers printed on the part itself.. that is strange :) and yes.. i know the wreck you are talking about and that schalter is from the 1940 A5 !! so its 100% Ju 88 Heskiel as i also know the guy you got it from :)

Many thanks Midcrow
This site is well known.. Unfortunately this part is not shown there.. They have a "Kühlerklappenschalter" from the Me110 posted... Maybe i will write a Email to them..
This site is indeed VERY interesting and they own a LOT of stuff..

What is confusing me is the fact Guttorm wrote.. The have some of them at the museum and NONE of them have the fl-number printed on.......
This is very unusual for Luftwaffe Equipment whats used in Masses
(2 in each Ju 88 )

Many thanks Midcrow
This site is well known.. Unfortunately this part is not shown there.. They have a "Kühlerklappenschalter" from the Me110 posted... Maybe i will write a Email to them..
This site is indeed VERY interesting and they own a LOT of stuff..

What is confusing me is the fact Guttorm wrote.. The have some of them at the museum and NONE of them have the fl-number printed on.......
This is very unusual for Luftwaffe Equipment whats used in Masses
(2 in each Ju 88 )

I have at least one book on German insturments in English. I will take a look though I doubt they will have what you are looking for. If I remember right its mainly on fighters though will look.

Paul

Thanks!
Maybe there is something written about the missing of the fl-number... :D

Here you will see the two switches build in into the left console in "Guttorms" 88.. And you will find the on every Cockpitphoto of a 88...

schalter2.jpg

Well.. then i will have a look there... :D
I like to know almost everything about my "little treasures"
And a missing fl-number is a absolutely "no-go" *gg*
Thanks for help!!!

Well.. then i will have a look there... :D
I like to know almost everything about my "little treasures"
And a missing fl-number is a absolutely "no-go" *gg*
Thanks for help!!!

Your welcome though I dont know how much help I was. :oops: The book I had was for fighter gauges and I didnt see anything close to your gauge. :cry:

Oh... Every "hint" will be helpfull i think :D
I will have further research about this and will let know here if i find something out :D

Here is another angle,some British manufacturers ie Supermarine for
instance had instruments only used on their aircraft,ie in the Spitfire the
undercarriage up/down indicator is a Supermarine part only and never
had a 6A/NUMBER.
Whilst highly unusual could they have been a special Junkers order
for the JU88? The instrument appears to only to be used in the JU88.
Thus as above it avioded getting an FL number.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back