Request: F4U-1D blueprints

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Belgarath

Recruit
Oct 28, 2007
Hi all,

I am drawing the plans for a 1/7 scale RC airplane of VMF-214s Major Gregory "Pappy" Boyington's F4U-1D Corsair no. 86.

The model will be used for scale contests and I am therefore looking for a set of original F4U-1D blueprints (paper or digital).
I am currently using the well done drawings by Mr. Peter Matt from his book "Paul Matt Scale Aircraft Drawings Volume 2", but nothing is more accurate than blueprints.

I was hoping anyone here could help me out or point me in the right direction.

Regards,
Danny Busch

Aerotechdata:

[email protected]

F4U-1D
Flight Manual (color)- $55
Erection Maintenance- $295
Hydraulics Instructions- $50
Structural Repair Manual- $85
Illustrated Parts Breakdown- $150

Engine Manuals:
P&W R-2800-32W
Service Parts Manual- $75
================================>
+ Shipping: Additional...

+ Visa, Mastercard, Amex. accepted...

(Orders accepted by: Phone, Fax, E-mail or mail.......//

Apparently they have a problem with their email-server, I'm getting an undiliverable notice...

Luckyone, stop showing the link to that site. They're not trustworthy, don't do business with them.

Danny, what you're after are the Erection Maintenance Instructions for the F4U-1 birdcage model. This manual contains many foldout drawings of the Corsair - the best technical reference available. One small problem... it's very expensive as this manual is over a 1000 pages thick! And be careful, there are a number of very similar manuals around that do not have these drawings (that's why it's important to pick the F4U-1 model one).

Furthermore you can find some source drawings here: Chance Vought F4U-1 Corsair Blueprints

Paul Matt's Corsair drawings are not accurate at all, unfortunately. Best not use them.
Rikyu Watanabe and Matsuba Minoru have done accurate Corsair drawings, but their books are difficult to find.

Hello Wuerger,

I have bought and downloaded the "Erection and Maintanance Instructions Preliminary F4U-1 FG-1 F3A-1" from eFlightmanuals.com for $17.95.
But it contains no blueprints and almost no pictures, are you sure thats what it's called?
I have also seen a book called "Maintanance and Erection Manual" and one called "Maintanace and Erection Instructions" is either of the the one with the blueprints?

Cheers,
Danny Busch

Post deleted because this moderator will not tolerate bullsh!t concerning copyrights on 60 year old drawings. If this issue comes up again I will ban you!

FBJ

Your right Wuerger190, this is done, Im done playing around with this nonsense and what going on with lucky one and bigmac also goes with you. This subject on copy right is dead!!!!!

I have been researching Corsairs for years and have been fortunate enough to sit is a few and was allowed to take pictures and video. I will be returning to the Tri-state Warbird Museum in Cincinnati Ohio this weekend to take more of the FG-1D they are restoring. Their website is Welcome to the Tri-State Warbird Museum Web Site! so check them out. If anyone sees something they would like me to shoot let me know. All I ask is that you do not sell them. I am appalled when I see people who take others work and use them for their own gain.

Danny,
What I do is email the sources and ask for a sample of the book. I have not had any problem with that. The 1200+ page book noted by Wuerger190 is awesome. I found one at Essco Aircraft Manuals and Pilot Supplies. We are the Aircraft Manual People. but it is a copy of a copy and they want $555 US for it. That's too steep for me, especially since it is poor quality. Here's the cover and index that I asked to see:
E_and_M_Inst_F4u1_Cover.jpg

E_and_M_Inst_F4u1_Index.jpg

Luckyone,
I received written permission from Vought to obtain copies of their microfilm, plans, etc. One thing to note is in the letter it specifically states that anything obtained is not to be shared, especially sold for a profit. I hope what you are offering is not violating that. If you are offering something else I would be interested in seeing them.
I visited the website you noted and they do have some interested manuals. Do you have anything to do with that website? I'm curious about some manuals I am looking for that they may have but are not yet listed on the website.

Thanks.

Please let Stop This I do NOT Offer ANYTHING for Sale I am not associate with Anyone ... I was sharing MY little Information...

What I have read and What I have look at

I am Proud Owner of Few Birds and

I am Lycky ONE BECAUSE I OWN IT

after I have spend a Big Fortune

PERIOD..

I own a T-28A , AT-6, and CJ6 ..

THAT it ...

I am hunting for a NEW Project ..

That why I am reading you and I collect info and Data

Please do not interpret and what ever ... my post it

Please Stop this association and other .. Crazy issues:lol: 8)

Apology Accepted

I just Gathering info everywhere and

I was in contact with Few Company and

I both everywhere...etc etc that were the info posted came from ..

Thank you My AT-6 is a nice Lady :oops: .. Old one but with Personality :D

P-51 is too much my blood right now and I was wondering were to go for ..

I am attempt with OLD Water Bomber in BC ( Canada ( Grumman ) Or .. ??

Do you know some good " Corsair " project ??
:rolleyes:

I know of 2 full scale Corsair restorations in progress (I know there are more but am sure of these 2):

One is a rare Brewster F3A-1 Corsair Bu. No. 04634 being restored by Lex Cralley. Here's his website:
BrewsterCorsair

The other is the Goodyear FG-1D being restored in Cincinnati that I posted about earlier.

Here's a F4U-5N for sale:
Corsair F4U - Classic/Military/Other - Aircraft for sale on AvBuyer.com

Here's a sport version for sale:
WAR F4U Corsair For Sale - Lee Empson

Hi again rwright142

Thank you so much I knew one on AVbuyer

rwright142 I am looking for Project ... .. to restore .. anyway

I am really appreciate your info I am going to look into ...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back