Researching my grandfather

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mpostlewaite

Recruit
Nov 17, 2009
Seymour, TN
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I am doing research on my grandfather who flew in the war. He was a P-47 pilot in the ETO. His name was Lt. Leonard D. Milton and he flew for the 86th fightergroup, 527th fighter squadron. I have found much about his service in the squadron diary, which I got from the 86 fighter group web site. I also learned much from a book called the 86th fighter group during WWII by Steve Luce. I have received some really good photos and other info from his sister. I am searching for any personal accounts, photos, or any other personal information that may be out there. I am attempting to put together a biography of his life for my family and any additional information can only help to make this endeavor that much more rich. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Matt Postlewaite

P.S. Is there a forum for WWII Navy ships and crew. My other grandfather served on a few liberty ships and on the USS Bingham and I would like to do a biography on him as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back