Resource Books

Discussion in 'Modelling Books and Magazines' started by FlexiBull, Feb 13, 2009.

1. FlexiBull

FlexiBull Member

Going through my meagre library of aircraft books, I started to read (flick through) again "Luftwaffe Camouflage and Markings" I, II, and III by Kookaboro Press bought in 1978.

I never see any reference to the texts. They used to be revered, have they gone out of fashion, They are still good for images and the paint chip card with volume III is useful to a point.

Anyone else have them?

2. Airframes

Airframes Benevolens Magister

Retired
    You're right FB, along with the Monogram guide, they used to be THE books. I had 2 volumes, but loaned them out and never got them back. I'm not sure how they are received today, as there seems to be a wealth of info surfacing every week. It's amazing this wasn't available 30 years ago, but then we didn't have the Internet etc, which really accelerates research etc.

3. 109ROAMING

109ROAMING Active Member

To good for some B***** to give them back eh Terry?

4. Wayne Little

Wayne Little Well-Known Member

There is still useful info in them as well as pictures...but so much new info has now surfaced, with new books released with updated and new info they are sort of relegated to the bottom shelf....so to speak...

5. Captain Dunsel

Retired USAF, killing time as a public school computer tech
    Obsolete they may be, but it's still fun to sit down and re-read the old stuff. I have all but Volume 13 of Aircraft in Profile, for example. I first read them when I was a grade-school student in the 1960's. I know most of the multiviews are inaccurate, but I still like looking at them.

CD