Resource Books

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FlexiBull

Airman 1st Class
Feb 9, 2009
Going through my meagre library of aircraft books, I started to read (flick through) again "Luftwaffe Camouflage and Markings" I, II, and III by Kookaboro Press bought in 1978.

I never see any reference to the texts. They used to be revered, have they gone out of fashion, They are still good for images and the paint chip card with volume III is useful to a point.

Anyone else have them?

You're right FB, along with the Monogram guide, they used to be THE books. I had 2 volumes, but loaned them out and never got them back. I'm not sure how they are received today, as there seems to be a wealth of info surfacing every week. It's amazing this wasn't available 30 years ago, but then we didn't have the Internet etc, which really accelerates research etc.

There is still useful info in them as well as pictures...but so much new info has now surfaced, with new books released with updated and new info they are sort of relegated to the bottom shelf....so to speak...

Obsolete they may be, but it's still fun to sit down and re-read the old stuff. I have all but Volume 13 of Aircraft in Profile, for example. I first read them when I was a grade-school student in the 1960's. I know most of the multiviews are inaccurate, but I still like looking at them.

CD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back