Return of the Big Bombers @ Anoka Cnty Airport

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bucksnort101

2nd Lieutenant
Sep 11, 2007
Minnesota
For those Minnesotans on the board that were not aware of this the Collings Foundation will be bringing 4 Warbirds into the Anoka County Airport in Blaine this coming weekend (July 11th thru 14th). Will be offering rides in a B-17, B-24, B-25, and a TP-51C Dual seat Mustang. For a small fee (depending on your income) of coarse;)
Look for them at the Golden Wings Museum just off Cnty Rd 10.

ABC Newspapers - World War II big bombers will visit Blaine this week

I'm going to head over tonight and get some pictures without the crowds. Have some nasty weather moving in for the evening so that may change plans. Will be there on Saturday though. Will get some pics I'm sure.

For those Minnesotans on the board that were not aware of this the Collings Foundation will be bringing 4 Warbirds into the Anoka County Airport in Blaine this coming weekend (July 11th thru 14th). Will be offering rides in a B-17, B-24, B-25, and a TP-51C Dual seat Mustang. For a small fee (depending on your income) of coarse;)
Look for them at the Golden Wings Museum just off Cnty Rd 10.

Oh Geez and I was just there last week! :(

Hey Buck, can the public practice bomb runs on Al Franken his "Sex Robots"? Is there an extra charge for that? :lol:

Hey Buck, can the public practice bomb runs on Al Franken his "Sex Robots"? Is there an extra charge for that?

I'd gladly pay the $450 fee bomb Franken!!! Which bomber would give the best viewing of the bombs hitting, B-17 or B-24?
A strafing run in the dual P-51 would be fun as well, but $2200-$3300 is a b it beyond my funding right now.

I'd gladly pay the $450 fee bomb Franken!!! Which bomber would give the best viewing of the bombs hitting, B-17 or B-24?
A strafing run in the dual P-51 would be fun as well, but $2200-$3300 is a b it beyond my funding right now.

Oh I think you would want the Mitchell with the extra gun pod! Good up-close personal view of the carnage! :D

What parts of the Great White North do you eminate from Freebird? Just wondering how far away you were from Duluth, MN? Big airshow next weekend in Duluth, Blue Angels, Snowbirds (I think) and a beautiful P-51, P-38, and P-40 will be there. They are owned by a Minnesota Businessman that had them rebuilt and they are awesome birds.

What parts of the Great White North do you eminate from Freebird? Just wondering how far away you were from Duluth, MN? Big airshow next weekend in Duluth, Blue Angels, Snowbirds (I think) and a beautiful P-51, P-38, and P-40 will be there. They are owned by a Minnesota Businessman that had them rebuilt and they are awesome birds.

I actually live in Vancouver, but I often drive from Canada through Fargo, Minneapolis Chicago to Detroit.

Are there any big events in Minne-St Paul area in August?

I'll have to look up the dates. Wings of the North usually puts on a show in August, not sure about this year.
Minnesota CAF says there is a show on Labor Day weekend, but there are no details.

would love to go up in the b17.have been in 2seater stang abt 35yrs ago thank god it didn't cost me,450 how ever seems quite resonable and as we don't have your chances i think it a good deal.looking forward to some great shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back