Reveille

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crap. Now I gotta start my day all sniffly and bawling. :salute:

Thank you for sharing that, Matt. I'm forwarding that to several guys I know.

And to everyone else here who has ever worn a uniform in service of their country: :salute:

I have not served in the military. My dad was a Marine. Many of my friend and relatives were and are. I found this little vignette to be very touching. And can only imagine the emotions that go along with the message.

Well, what better way to start out a Saturday morning at 5:15 am than to sit infront of my monitor with tears runnin down my face....

Thanks for that Matt, it truly was a great video clip...

Every week or so, the local Marine detachement has a free car wash at the Sonic parking lot.... I make it my duty that when I drive by them standing on the side of the road with their handmade signs saying Free Car Wash to yell out my open window "GO NAVY!"...

Most of em look at me with looks of confusion on their faces.... One day, they too will understand what it all means...

Personally, I think it's fine if a member of one service playfully teases a member of another. I work with Marine, Navy, and Army vets, and we all jokingly insult each other, but it's okay as we all share the same "family" bond.

CD

Matt that vid is fantastic:salute: When i was a kid my dad took me to a padres game, as we sat down he looks across and goes oh crap! on either side of the stadium were the navy and the marines, he looks down at me and my brother and says" well.....guess you guys are gonna learn some new words today" that was the loudest baseball game i have ever been to!:lol: Years later i finally learned why:shock:

I'm not going to have you leave a shred of what you wrote to soil this thread, azzhole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back